Help needed for capacitors on old GE motor

Well thank you Mark. I'll try a few more things, Company just came and will be here a week or so and then some more of the wifes company is coming so I'm going to hold off awhile on my motor tinkering. Mark I do thank you an awful lot for helping me along.......this site is so good at helping folks. I'm attaching a pic of our house taken by a friend that has a plane.

Attachments

• housepic1.jpg
    housepic1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 13
Ok we'll catch up later- you certainly have a nice spread there :)

Mark or anyone else.....on a different motor. A 3 phase baldor. it is wired for high voltage per the wires and the diagram. It has a total of 9 (all 9 are white) wires 3 of which have bare ends and aren't connected to anything, they are 1,2 and 3. I have a 10gauge 4 wire cord to attach to the motor. But which wire goes to which wire. does motor wire 1 go to the red, black, white or green. and so on with wires 2 and 3. I assume the green wire on the cord is for ground.....so can you offer an opinion on how to wire the red, black and white to the that motor and wires 1,2 and 3?

Last edited:
Mike: The 3 wires 1, 2 and 3 must be the input wires. Green should be the ground. You can connect the 3 input wires in any order, the motor will either spin clockwise or counterclockwise. To reverse it you swap any two of the three. Are you using a VFD or a rotary phase converter? VFDs have a reversing feature built in. Depending on your supply you may want either low or high voltage configuration
Mark

Last edited:
Back