Help

Hello Tony,

You've had a rough 3 1/2 months. That's a lot of anxiety, operations and treatments and now you have some side effects. I hope that you have moral support from your family and friends as well as the support, friendship and prayers from us. Keeping a positive attitude is paramount to keeping a healthy mind. Try to stay away from reading too much about your condition on the internet. You can end up scaring yourself even more. Find someone to talk to who can really understand what you are going through. Maybe there is a local support group that you could join. Keeping all that fear inside isn't good.

I know all this, because my girlfriend was diagnosed with a very rare and aggressive form of breast cancer back in April and we're not out of the woods yet...

I will pray that you get to stay on disability and reduce some stress in your life.

Take care and God bless... :)

Brian

OK thanks Brian, Actually this is going on over a year now.
Good luck with your girlfriend. I will remember her in my prayers too.
I had one that was pretty supportive, but I guess I got on her nerves too much, she pretty well don't bother with me any more.

Tony,

I want to send you my best wishes for keeping the cancer away and holding down the side effects! It must have been such a rough last 18 months for you and those around you!

I am so glad that you are reaching out to your friends on the forum. I hope our responses have helped you find support and feel you are not alone in facing this.

But it is working the other way too. Sharing your story is a gift from you to all of us: it probably inspired a few to get that long-overdue test, it allowed others to share their stories, and it inspired all of us with your determination, positive thinking, and perseverance.

With warm regards and respect,
Tom

thank You Tom.

Yeah, if anybody is due to have the test, don't put it off. It is not that bad at all. If I had had it done sooner, I may not have had to have Chemo.

still have the numbness in my feet,We work outside in the winters, and don't feel I will be able to handle it. Just generally feel wore out too.
Trying to stay on SSDI If I can. Supposed to have a SS review in December, But I can''t seem to get a straight answer from none of my doctors about weather or not they will back me on it. The PCP told me, SS just asks them for the medical records, and then SS makes there decision(s).
But then a social worker I ran into, says it is up to the doctor too. I am going to try and make another appointment with the doctor that helped me in the hospital to get the benefits in the first place.
I am close to retirement age also. I am 59.
I seem to be getting conflicting information about how the review works.
I don't know if SS calls me in for a interview, or if they send me paperwork to fill out, then talk to my doctors.
Sometimes I get the feeling the doctors don't want to get involved with it. At the same time though, it's not like I am trying to get them to lie or anything, I really don't think I can do it. (Go back to work)
I have trouble standing or walking for too long.
Oh, plus, this last operation to do the reversal, They did something to my right arm, I have numbness in it, and the surgon is giving me a run around about that. Says "It will go away"
Don't even know what it is, but "It will go away"................LOL

Other than that, I do not feel too bad. Day at a time I guess, but I am sick of worrying.
Thank you
Tony

Last edited:
Hello Tony, it's too bad that you are getting the runaround with this, although, it seems typical. Fight for your health as well as what you are entitled to.

I wish you all the best and will pray for you... :)

Brian

Thanks Brain.
Yeah, there almost starting to make me feel like I am doing something wrong.
Then I have to tell myself, "hey, you really don't feel up to it"

Back