Hobby metals had a fire....

@darkzero yup that is strange which is why I thought I was doing something wrong.
I’ve never had that happen before.
Then again, I would never know what I not seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@darkzero yup that is strange which is why I thought I was doing something wrong.
I’ve never had that happen before.
Then again, I would never know what I not seeing.

It's the machinists gods giving you a sign to buy more tools instead of materials. ;)

Have you guys checked out xometry.com? They have the lowest prices anywhere I've seen for new material and have free shipping over $50. It looks like they started selling steel recently as well.

It's odd that you can't see the listing by search result. When I browse ebay.co.uk or other international ebay sites I can still see listings even if they don't ship to the US.

If the seller has selected "exclude" a certain country from their listings they will not show up to anyone from that country when they are logged in, but if you are browsing anonymously (not logged in to eBay) then the listings will show up.

I wonder if it might have something to do with the 'tariffs' issue? Metals and such?
Wife flips stuff on eBay. She recently had a listing for an issue of Cosmo that had the Burt Reynolds spread in it.
Someone from Canada bought it, but then eBay or PayPal wouldn't allow payment to go through.
There was something odd going on. Many phone calls later we never did get it resolved.
I told her that I figured it had something to do with have the word 'Nude' in the title... :grin:

HMK seems to be back. They seem to have modernized their site to take longer to load and waste more screen real estate - pity all that old HTML went up in the fire :rolleyes:

I just bought some 1.25" 6061 locally and paid only slightly more than the HMK prices.

David, if you browse ebay.ca or your shipping address is set to Canada then you will miss those listings where Canada is excluded from ship-to. If you are not logged in then there is no ship to address so you also get to see them all.
By default you stay logged in to eBay for weeks unless you explicitly log out.

I go through this routine often as I am leaning toward getting quality items from the EU instead of US.

That makes sense but why do I want to see listings that won’t ship to Canada?
Isn’t that like teasing me

Back