Hobby shop foot ware

Well, I got called out at work today for wearing my sketchers. They don't comply with our safety policy. Now I have to find something similar in a high top. The policy only says ankle support.

I was considering motorcycle boots but the soles tend to be pretty hard on those. What did men wear on their feet in the heyday of manual machines?

Motorcycle boots are fine if you get ones that actually fit and are comfortable, good ones will protect your feet from most anything, the soles can be a bit firm, but the rubber ones are usually oil and acid resist. and not too hard on feet. I also use Orthaheel insets The heavy duty work boot ones. in all boots and shoes, even in sneakers, like walking on a pillow. In fact before I got them I could barely walk, now I can go a couple of miles and stand almost all day., I wear Rossi 811 Vision, great for riding or walking all day.

Also recommend getting a wooden duckboard in front of your machine, and put an anti fatigue rubber mat on it, stand there all day.

Back in the day (early 60's) all of us apprentices wore ripple sole dessert boots, more because of fashion than any sensible reason, but looking back, they were comfortable on hard concrete floors.

I wear steel toe work boots and swarf manages to get inside my shoes. I have no idea how this is possible. Right to the bottom of my feet.

I wear steel toe work boots and swarf manages to get inside my shoes. I have no idea how this is possible. Right to the bottom of my feet.

You need to get some longer trousers, so they hang down over your boots. Or get some old socks, cut the bottoms off and put them on over your your trouser legs and boots to seal it up. You can get canvas ones at some welding gear shops. Alaso some military surplus stores sell them. Not sure what they're called.

I'm a type 1 diabetic with numerous foot and leg problems. I've been wearing wolverine durashock steel toe sneakers since I built my shop. Since my legs are numb from the knees down, the low shoes are easier to get on with my leg braces. I like the steel toes because I'm constantly bumping my feet on stuff.

Back