• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill have you gotten the book on the Quorn by D H Chaddock?

I found it for 33.20 after conversion with the shipping I was just wondering if it would be worth buying it.

Todd

Yes I have it. Have had it for some time now. You will see many things that I have done that closely resemble it. As far as price, that is high. I got mine for $17 + S&H.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
This white wheel will be used during construction. I don't at this point know what the final one will look like.

"Billy G"

102_0516 (800 x 531).jpg

Happy 68th Bill!!!

I too ordered that spindle book you recommended along with another in that series about heat treatment and hardening. $5.70 each shipped.

This is really a great project and a wonderful contribution to this site. I thank you for taking the time to keep us informed.

I never did get an answer as to where you are buying at that price, but it's possible you missed the £ sign it's $5.24£ and $8.88 US because I just got three of the books I ordered from Abe books and the receipt was in £.

Todd

Last edited:
Server back off. I need a new die holder for my tailstock. I used the same arbor but the holder itself is too small. I made this one to hold the 2" OD die that is coming.

"Billy G"

102_0517 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0518 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0519 (800 x 531).jpg

Billy you don't mess around. Maybe a dumb question but could you have single pointed that metric thread? I realize some lathes are limited.

I don't have the gears at this time to cut metric. Other than that I would single point them. I would have much rather single pointed. The Die was the least expensive route for now.

"Billy G"

Nice work as always. I'm glad the white is just mock up. At least round here a white handle would be 50 shades of brown in a month

I heated and pressed that ring on this morning. Turned it to it's diameter and it's ready for the three set screws that secure the die in place. Then the "Tommy Bar" hole and it's done.

"Billy G"

102_0520 (800 x 531).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back