Honey, I'd like to replace the sink in the kitchen

Finished!
Never again! From now on I’m paying someone to demo tile.
The project is finished with one exception, the cabinet guy is coming back to trim out under the stone.
We used Taj Mahal Quartzite.
My wife likes it, I like it. It ain’t cheap but it really is beautiful stone.
This all started with the sink, yeah, it’s in too. And a new faucet, and a new 3/4hp garbage disposal.
The master bath is next, gut it, add a walk in shower, ya da ya da.

Attachments

• 24F9B319-0992-48E7-AA1C-7368620A296B.jpeg
    24F9B319-0992-48E7-AA1C-7368620A296B.jpeg
    808.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 5B3F0CFB-DF9C-436A-8FDA-5961030713C5.jpeg
    5B3F0CFB-DF9C-436A-8FDA-5961030713C5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • B5614C12-2E5B-4104-B20E-9060E5023ED8.jpeg
    B5614C12-2E5B-4104-B20E-9060E5023ED8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • 6F187CA1-B658-4F76-8677-D005103B9269.jpeg
    6F187CA1-B658-4F76-8677-D005103B9269.jpeg
    796.4 KB · Views: 23
Looks fantastic Jeff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks nice.

A new sewer line is on my project list. I do most of the repair / remodel work on the house but I'll be paying for that, I don't do sewer work. :eek:

Finished!
The project is finished with one exception, the cabinet guy is coming back to trim out under the stone.
We used Taj Mahal Quartzite.
My wife likes it, I like it. It ain’t cheap but it really is beautiful stone.
This all started with the sink, yeah, it’s in too. And a new faucet, and a new 3/4hp garbage disposal.
The master bath is next, gut it, add a walk in shower, ya da ya da.

Are they going to drill for those soap dispensers? They would look alot better mounted vs freestanding....................

Jeff,
Great work. I really like the stone and the finish (can't remember what it's called?).

I say that more and more!

Are they going to drill for those soap dispensers? They would look alot better mounted vs freestanding....................
We chose to keep it clean-less holes. There seems to be two schools of thought on the soap dispensers, dishwasher plunger buttons, etc.
Plumbers just say no, to the counter top accessories.

Jeff, looks fantastic. Looks all brand new and shiny.

I have my own little kitchen project that has been handed to me. Our microwave/convection oven on the boat has gone out on us. Leaves only the stove for now. I have ordered a replacement but will be a good 7 days and will require some modification to the cabinets. Next and I hope last item is the stove top. That is going to take some real hard looking to find something that will fit into that space.

Looks nice.

A new sewer line is on my project list. I do most of the repair / remodel work on the house but I'll be paying for that, I don't do sewer work. :eek:
Sorry to hear about the sewer line. That sucks.
My wife and I have always done our home improvements.
The last family project with my boys, we painted the outside of our Paradise home.
I’ll never do that again.
Fortunately we are in a position to write checks from here on out if we choose to.

Sorry to hear about the sewer line. That sucks.
My wife and I have always done our home improvements.
The last family project with my boys, we painted the outside of our Paradise home.
I’ll never do that again.
Fortunately we are in a position to write checks from here on out if we choose to.

We have been putting it off, but we have to get the line cleaned out 1-2x a year. Finally got a video run down the line earlier this year, good news is it is not in eminent danger of collapse, but there are tons of places where the pipe has shifted and roots get in. We got a quote for $9000, not great but I was afraid it would be more. I could probably get a Hardinge for $9000... then again I do like having poop leave the house. ;)

Projects where you can see your handiwork afterwards are a lot more fun.

Oh man Aaron, that's awful.
I remember every time the family got together for the weekend at my in laws, the sewer line would plug up. Had to call a plumber to snake out the tree roots. Finally after a decade of this they replaced the line.
It's not something to get excited about but like you said, it's good to have the poop leaving the house!!

Last edited:
Back