Horizontal Band saw question

twhite

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I saw a small craftsman horizontal band saw. Is anybody familiar with these? If so how well do they work? I am in need of a saw. Small is fine for me. I also like vintage machines so it would fit with my likes.

It needs a few parts. New tires, motor( I have a few laying around) pulleys. What size if you know?

Any other info would be helpful at to whether I should go look to buy it.
3c76364bb27f356701dd066585321f28.jpg

6e398a3993b5dc22891246dfd9d757c6.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

Perfect. They are asking $100. I figure I have another $100 to put into it. If they get back and it looks like it is complete. You think that is a fair price?

Cutting oil is my blood.

Just waiting for a reply. As you know, lots of times people never remove their listings after selling an item. Then when you inquire they never return with a reply.

I kind of think this might be the case as it is a month old listing.

I was thinking $75 also hopefully settle there or in between.

If it is available the $75 might fly.

Cutting oil is my blood.

I’d pay $100. Even if you spend $200 total with the motor and other parts, it’ll track better than any saw of that size made today.

I’d pay $100. Even if you spend $200 total with the motor and other parts, it’ll track better than any saw of that size made today.

If it is complete other than motor and wheel rubbers. No stripped our drive I will do $100. But $75 would be sweet. I am frugal my wife says something else

Cutting oil is my blood.

These are great old machines. The pulley on mine is 1-1/2" with a 1/2" bore.

What is your model number? I found a manual for the 101-22922. Not sure the difference is from the 2. The one I am looking at is 101-22923.

Cutting oil is my blood.

There was a long thread on this type of saw a while back that was really useful. I used one a lot back in the day. For many reasons my 40yrld Taiwan made HF bandsaw is superior. But that’s just me.

Back