Horizontal Twin

I adjusted the valve timing and made up two exhaust pipes.
IMG_2624.JPG

Everything is done.
IMG_2626.JPG

It's all over but the shouting.

And a short showing a hand start.

I want to thank everyone that followed along and left likes and comments.

Thanks for looking
Ray

Another Awesome build!

Ray:
Another VERY nice running engine. One key factor that I have noticed in all of your engine threads is that you do not have problems getting your engines to run. You work with them to make them run smoother or to run slower but you never have a problem getting them to start and run. The two key things that you do very well in your builds is the piston and cylinder fit up and the valve sealing. If the cylinder and valves are not done correctly the motor will never run. Typically in your build threads you say, "made the piston and cylinder today". Or "made the valves, seats and lapped them today". I was wondering if you could do a build tread on just how you make the piston, ring, and cylinder liner. Go over in detail on the process you use to make all the critical parts, Surface finishes, lapping, etc. The theories you use for the design. Also do the same thing for the valves and valve seats. What valve seat angle do you use, how do you cut the valves and valve seats. How do you lap the valves? How do you test to see the valves are sealing properly. I know that I could learn a great deal from your experience on these two key areas.
There is nothing more frustrating than to build and engine and have it not run. Now you have a big paper weight that you took many hours to build that sits there and will not run.

Roger L

Thanks Boswell and Chris

Roger I will have to think about it some.
Ray

That runs very smoothly! Nice job!

I adjusted the valve timing and made up two exhaust pipes.
View attachment 468903

Everything is done.
View attachment 468904

It's all over but the shouting.

And a short showing a hand start.

I want to thank everyone that followed along and left likes and comments.

Thanks for looking
Ray

That’s absolutely fantastic. Thanks for sharing Ray. Keep them coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Robert and Ben

Ray

Absolutely mind boggling!! And built in such a short time period! Hat's off to you sir! :clapping:

Back