Hot Shot 360 Oven has gone up

Price of steel especially stainless has gone up dramatically over the past year. Piece of cold rolled 1/4 4x8 was 180 now 380. So he’s just trying to cover cost.

I just bought some steel tubing and they said their costs on steel have gone up 165% just since January, so I could see how that could impact the price of these ovens beyond the switch to a new owner.

I don't think you can touch one of these for less than $2,000 in any other brand.
When Stan first offered them I should have grabbed one. I think it was $690?? $100 More for the better controller.

I was thinking it would be at least $1500, so the price still seems pretty reasonable to me. Per the video Woodchucker referenced he still has some for $849 which is tempting, but since heat treating is still a something to learn, saving $150 for an oven that will sit in a corner for an undetermined time isn't enough to make me leap. If they had been $300 cheaper that would be harder to pass on. Of course if prices continue on their wild rise, I may be kicking myself next year when the ovens cost $1999. :oops: Here is hoping for some price stability so I can afford one when I can actually use it. Wish my income would rise by 165% in 9 months.

I got one from his second production run back in 2018. It was 799 plus 35 bucks shipping.

Does anyone know how to contact Stan? I'm interested in one of these ovens. Thanks! -John

Did American Rotary buy him out?

Ted

Built by ... under license from ... A proud moment for Stan IMHO. Typically, they pay for the privilege & he gets a check every month. We should all strive to attain such success!

Back