How Many Tool Holders Do you Have?

Damn Yankee

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Hi All,

One day I realized how many QCTP holders I have locked and loaded.

How many tool holders do you have and what are they (1, 2, 4, 7...)?

John

All together, around 20. A couple are "open", ready for a tool. But between boring, threading and turning, they get used pretty fast.

Nobody is going to have all they need. Back in my mechanic days, if you had to borrow a buddy's tool, say a special socket three times in a few months, that meant you needed that tool to do your job. you bought one as soon as finances allowed.

Fast forward. If I use a cutting tool 5-6 times in a few months, I add in another holder to an order. It is setup at height and ready to go without adjustment. Same works in reverse. If I see a tool and can't remember when or why I used it, the bit goes into storage and the holder is "open".

I'm pretty stable at the number that I own.

Boring, turning, and chamfering. Then 4 more for whatever.

None . But 10s of thousands of tools . :grin: My last 5 were driven to Dabbler .

Edit . One , and I'll list it below tonight . :big grin:

Really?? You are not touching a machine again???
Not until I clear out 48 years worth of tools and tooling . My eyes are out for a small lathe to go with the BP . When it comes along I'll grab it . ;)

Not until I clear out 48 years worth of tools and tooling . My eyes are out for a small lathe to go with the BP . When it comes along I'll grab it . ;)
better make it a medium sized lathe. Now that you are not working (well most retired people really retire, not you), you won't have access to the bigger lathes. At least a medium lathe will cover you for most issues. Small , well you'll be wanting more.

Back