How to Make A Fuel Line Inverted Flare Tee

silverhawk

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
On my car, I'm creating a 3/8" stainless steel hard fuel line. I am in need of a tee fitting, and I don't want the brass (it's the only one I can find). Is it possible to manufacture an inverted flare tee fitting? Or does anyone know of a 5/8-18 inverted flare tee in stainless steel available for sale?

I dont know where to find what your looking for but i have a question and maybe a suggestion.

Im assuming your going for a "matching" component system for visual reasons, is that correct?
If yes, have you considered electroplating the brass piece with maybe nickle (or chromium if possible)? It wont match perfectly with stainless steel but would be much better then brass or copper and it pretty easy and cheaply done DIY style!

For fuel, it does not need to be an inverted flare. They also make adapters that fit into an O-ring fitting to use an inverted flare line. I think I have also seen adapters to fit into a standard flare fitting, to use an inverted flare line.

91032921_L_fc9b9b4e-bafc-4449-a997-3834a59ef4da.jpg

I had been through Jegs, Summit Racing, Amazon, and also McMaster-Carr, and Grainger. The only ones I can find are either brass, -6AN, or male, and the male/AN tee would extend to far with the adapters to get back to the fittings I think I'd need. I've never put female "nuts" on a line before. If that is something that would work on a fuel line, I will consider that.

joe

I might need to do the brass with electroplating route. It is a doable option.

joe

If you need volume to support horse power, check the SS AN fittings available. I have SS 1/2 lines on my Chevelle with SS compression sleeves. You need to check orifice sizing on these, some have the right fitting, but the through hole is half what it should be, especially plumbing fittings. I use Orme bros for fittings, the web site sucks, but the guys know there t!hs. It's a family organization too.

Last edited:
You might want to consider looking into some of the newer nickel/copper alloy lines ("Cunifer", etc). They seem to be a lot easier to work with than stainless. It might need additional support points and/or armor.

Back