Huanyang VFD odd behaviour

Sblack

Registered
Registered
I’ve had numerous HY vfds and they have all worked fine. On my latest installation I hooked everything up, restored defaults, started the motor and nothing. But the led outputs seem to behave properly. It is showing me current, rpm, freq values that all make sense. The freq varies with the pot movement. I’ve triple checked the motor hookups and I know the motor is good. I had a friend try it on his machine.

a bad HY drive would not be a huge shocker, but I’m wondering if there is some setup parameter I’ve missed. Every other one has worked out of the box with defaults. But this thing is dead silent but thinks it’s working. Obviously these values are all calculated, not measured values, which is interesting.

it’s 220v, 2hp, the model is FC01. Any suggestions?

Have you put a meter on the output to see if it's putting anything out ?

Stu

can you connect this to another motor, maybe look for an open circuit in the motor itself.
the motor maybe wired wrong, take a look at the connections at the motor and verify.

can you connect this to another motor, maybe look for an open circuit in the motor itself.
the motor maybe wired wrong, take a look at the connections at the motor and verify.
Verified 3 times and motor runs with a different drive

Hi I know that I spoke too soon, sorry. I'm thinking that if in fact the drive is good and is not showing any faults it must not be receiving a start signal or a reference signal
Rich

They probably don't test each one at the factory, just build and ship. Sounds like a bad solder joint or missing component
Send it back for a replacement

Had one, enter parameters and the box would not save them, just went back to being dumb. Tried many times.

Remember: The rule with these Chinese electronics is that they are made on the same lines as the expensive ones, but YOU are quality control. If it works, it'll work for years without problems. If it is bad, you know why it doesn't pay for anyone other than a hobbyist to buy these. You have to take the time to test it and then return it. Couldn't make any money doing that at shop rates.

Back