I despise a catch-all

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
I've always kept a place in my toolbox for my calipers. This box is a Harbor Freight copy of a Kennedy that was gifted me by my mentor. I always opened the caliper box and just dropped them in and closed the drawer to keep them clean.
Anyone see the problem? Lol!

20231129_161013.jpg

I've had this box over 25 years and it's always been the same... the top of the caliper box is a catch-all. Why did this take a quarter century?

20231129_161745.jpg

3 seconds with a razor knife and all that crap has to find a better home! :D

I didn't keep pliers and snap ring pliers and such in my box but it's right next to my workbench where a lot of disassembly and reassembly happens. My micrometers fill the small drawers now. Larger micrometers are in their boxes as they are rarely used.

I can't believe I didn't cut that stupid box when it was from Mitutoyo decades ago. Lol

I just repaired the lid on the box for my Etalon calipers, the hinges broke over 30 years ago. Of course, my daily use Tesas live on top of the Etalon box.

Box? I have a pile of boxes from calipers and micrometers somewhere. I just put the tools in a drawer with a rubber matt. They don't move around. Tools that I don't use as often or have a bunch of accessory parts I tend to keep in the boxes. Tools like DTI's.

Thanks for posting this. It really puts my problem in scale. If you're worried a caliper case lid then I should probably seek professional help. My entire shop is a catch all, and that includes a 10-20ft radius outside of it.

I'm not sure I even kept the box my calipers came in. I try to keep them in the top drawer on a rubber mat, but sometimes they are someplace else. :rolleyes:

Back