I Discovered Collet Stops!

It's amazing how anyone could patent something that has been around for 50 + years ! :grin: I used to pop these things off on the cnc lathe in less than a minute and a half and pass them out to everyone .
(Patent pending)
Maybe it won’t qualify.

Yeah, they're easy enough to make - and a lot cheaper, too! I use a jamb nut at the back to lock it in place. How does the Edge lock?
This was $35, something like that.
You’re right, it could be made very easily.
I don’t have much time I can dedicate so I have to pick and choose.
Retirement is only a few months away though.

This was $35, something like that.
You’re right, it could be made very easily.
I don’t have much time I can dedicate so I have to pick and choose.
Retirement is only a few months away though.
Don't count on much more time in the shop after retirement. I've been retired almost 15 years (early retirement) and every year it seems like I get less time in the shop. The first 3 years I got almost zero time in the shop. It took that long to work through the "pressing items" on the Honey Do list.

Between the 3rd and 4th year I did manage to get a few hours a week in the shop, but by then the wife started getting restless. She planned vacations by the dozens. We went on half a dozen RV caravans and put over 110,000 miles on out first motorhome. That RV is long gone and we've put another 60,000 miles on a second one. By the time we (temporarily) got tired of traveling the list of "Must Do's" at the house expanded exponentially. We still get out in the RV as much as possible, but that's slowed down in the past year due to Covid.

Last year I spent more time in the shop than I have in the previous 10 years. I don't count on repeating the pleasure this year. We already have several fall vacations and a winter vacation planned. I'll sneak in as much time as I can in the shop under the guise of repairing broken implements, making household improvements, or any other excuse that comes to mind.

Don't count on much more time in the shop after retirement. I've been retired almost 15 years (early retirement) and every year it seems like I get less time in the shop. The first 3 years I got almost zero time in the shop. It took that long to work through the "pressing items" on the Honey Do list.
aint that the truth.

It’s coming along.
I surface ground the plates so I get to change the dimensions.
I also decided to add brass washers.
I pulled it off, using the brazed on carbide bit with a super sharp lap from my DIY slow speed grinder, I made the washers to the specifications desired.
This is a fun project.

Attachments

• F86FD8B1-9918-4B4B-B067-6FAA1FDAB91C.jpeg
    F86FD8B1-9918-4B4B-B067-6FAA1FDAB91C.jpeg
    593.7 KB · Views: 14
  • D79A1CBF-BFAF-4F77-A550-7B1CC045453C.jpeg
    D79A1CBF-BFAF-4F77-A550-7B1CC045453C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 8103F6C6-DF44-4D1D-ACA6-815786DFA544.jpeg
    8103F6C6-DF44-4D1D-ACA6-815786DFA544.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
Back