I don’t get it.

Looks like a maaco paint job to me what a shame! I’d use it as negotiating against him. I see listing where there’s overspray all over the floor of the machine they just painted. Makes me laugh what are they thinking????

Probably hiding a lot of sins.

That has 'RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!' written all over it...

Theere is no way you can perform an intelligent evaluation of its condition with all that paint on it.

My first and last remark to the seller would be 'Clean off all the crappy blue paint and call me'. I would not be holding my breath for the callback.

Hmmm....Pitty Tink, better application than the Baby Blue, in any case.

10ee tooled up with two chucks plus with a nice collet set in good running condition would be a very good buy at 8500.00 in my neck of the woods. Granted...the paint job would be a negative. but...wouldn't be the first machine tool which was painted by a jackass . And jackasses can be bargained with. Just because he wants 8500....Means nothing. If he was in my neighborhood....And I wanted a 10ee. Id go look. And first thing Id tell him is his price is way too high. Second thing Id tell him. He has to discount it 2 grand because its going to cost me 2 grand to clean all the paint off. Next....show me it running. Oh...it isn't"t hooked up and running. Well guess what bozo. All of those 10ee's on Ebay come from running environments. That is why they are asking 8500.00 for them.
Hell...I don't know if you found this rusting in a junk yard and just painted the whole lathe. You never know until you go look at the lathe. It takes foot work. Hell...The guy might have lost his lease and let that lathe go for 2k. You'd be surprised.

Anyway..., I think you get my point. Machine tools can't be judged by the cover. This bad paint job 10ee might be much better than a beautifully painted 10ee.

I went and looked at my Clausing. It was rusted and laying out in the weather. The guy was selling his house. Needed it gone. He wanted 3 times what I ended paying him. And after we agreed on a price....He goes into his workshop...comes out with a full set of Aloris BXA QCTP plus big drill bits plus a bunch of other tooling. The bucket of tools was worth twice what we agreed upon. And...He wasn't a jackass. He just wasn't a machinist. But turned out to be a nice guy. Hell, he ended up pulling a tractor out of his workshop and loaded that lathe on my little Nissan Hardbody. My little Nissan struggled with that load.

Last edited:
The thread should have been called "I wouldn't touch it". The color should have been brown.

I offer this in contrast...Someone got a steal of a deal.

A baby blue Monarch? That would be the perfect fit with the man who has a pink AR15.

Back