I go next Tuesday to the retirement planner !

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'll be putting a boatload of stuff up here for sale and start the yard sales out back again once the weather breaks a bit . :encourage:

Good luck with it.

Congratulations!

Hopefully, you use a retirement planner that is a fiduciary advisor that has very low annual cost and that has you in low-cost funds.

Check out the bogleheads.org forum if you want to get into the weeds on this some. That site has a wide cross-section of investors, from people just getting started on saving, to retirees with just a little saved and also those with millions. Topics are investments, personal finance, and consumer issues. I hit that forum and this one every week at least.

You have a small HBM or ironworker to get rid of?

Every retirement planner I have ever talked to was a lot more concerned about making money for themselves than they were about making money for me.
When they reccomend an investment ask them how much they are going to make by selling you the investment... then sit there and smile as they lie to your face.

I jumped ship two years ago this July 31st and haven't looked back at all. I was 65 then with 40 years company service. Retirement is a good gig!!! Enjoy!

My financial group works for 1%, and .5% on TEFs, YTD 8.28% increase. I'm set up pretty conservative.

Last edited:
I just wished a happy retirement to one of my favorite coworkers today. I wish you all the best as well. Maybe with all this free time, you might consider offering some delivery services to the southern Illinois area. I hear there's a guy there that always watches your ads, but can't make the drive.lol

I have $$550 sitting on the living room floor that's ready to ship . The big stuff can take a while , the stuff that fits in a flat rate will go asap.

Back