I Hope you guys aren't throwing your used inserts away!

That rain doing any damage to your operation?
Thanks for asking…Apparently not, we are on a solid hillside, good drainage, and the cameras don’t show any issues.
Like always, these storms either seem wildly exaggerated if you are not affected, and life altering if you are. Fingers crossed.

Can you post photos/descriptors of your collection?

Search eBay for “Carbide inserts lot” and you will see many photos and descriptions of lots. Put the word holder with it to get the holder with it.

I think it is better to buy with the holder so I know they will fit.

Here is 13 pounds for $150, some lots cost less or more. It is common to find an extremely good deal.

Attachments

• 480982D5-BA86-4AD9-A9B7-08124988A29A.jpeg
    480982D5-BA86-4AD9-A9B7-08124988A29A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
Search eBay for “Carbide inserts lot” and you will see many photos and descriptions of lots. Put the word holder with it to get the holder with it.

Here is 13 pounds for $150, some lots cost less or more. It is common to find an extremely good deal.
Years ago I did that, with little more than a photo to go by. I ended up with a collection of inserts that will be great if I ever work in a railroad roundhouse or buy a 40"x1400" lathe... (Probably 1"+ IC and 1/4" thick). Shop carefully!

GsT

Nice! And thanks for the lead.

Regards

Years ago I did that, with little more than a photo to go by. I ended up with a collection of inserts that will be great if I ever work in a railroad roundhouse or buy a 40"x1400" lathe... (Probably 1"+ IC and 1/4" thick). Shop carefully!

GsT
And thanks for the precaution.

Regards

I have had good luck searching “Machinist lot” on eBay

Can take out what you want and repost the remainder to eBay maybe for more (Especially if you end up with more than you could use in several lifetimes as a hobby machinist.)

Here is a lot right now going for $152

Key is to take your time and search then strike when it is a great deal

Attachments

• EDA12D18-D3BB-47CD-B08B-20CED96F9085.jpeg
    EDA12D18-D3BB-47CD-B08B-20CED96F9085.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
I have had good luck searching “Machinist lot” on eBay

Can take out what you want and repost the remainder to eBay maybe for more (Especially if you end up with more than you could use in several lifetimes as a hobby machinist.)

Here is a lot right now going for $152

Key is to take your time and search then strike when it is a great deal
I'll definitely need to add that search to my regular ebay trolling technique. Thanks!

Regards

Great. Looking forward to it. And if you don't mind, please PM me that it's up so I don't inadvertently miss it.

Regards

Oh. And enjoy your vacation. That rain doing any damage to your operation?

Great. Looking forward to it. And if you don't mind, please PM me that it's up so I don't inadvertently miss it.

Regards

Oh. And enjoy your vacation. That rain doing any damage to your operation?

Back