I just bought a Nardini 1440s lathe at auction....make that 2, actually!

xalky

Registered
Registered
I bid on 2 Nardini 1440s lathes at an online public school auction a couple days ago. I won both by mistake.:bitingnails: I only wanted one lathe but I bid on both, thinking that someone else would beat me out on at least one of em.:nuts:I suppose that I could have reneged on the bid, but that's not an honorable thing to do.

So now I have 2 Nardini 1440s on the way, a 12x30 Select 1230G lathe and an Ikegai A20 20x40. As soon as I found out that I won the Nardinis I put the Select 1230G 12x30 lathe up for sale on Craigs list.

The 2 Nardinis will be getting delivered here on Tuesday afternoon.

I'm not gonna say how much I paid for the 2 Nardinis, but I got them for less than you would expect to pay for one of em.

So now I have a real dilemna on my hands.... Way too many lathes and not enough room to keep them all. FIRE SALE!

Marcel

Wow, sounds like a find. I wish we had some used equipment to choose from around here but I seem to live in a machinery desert.

Congrats.

Mike.

Better yet, I wish you lived closer to me Marcel. I don't want to move.:whistle:

Mike.

Better yet, I wish you lived closer to me Marcel. I don't want to move.:whistle:

Mike.
Yeah, I wish I lived closer to Utah too. At least further south and west from where I'm living now. Someday...maybe.:thinking:

I'm not gonna say how much I paid for the 2 Nardinis, but I got them for less than you would expect to pay for one of em.

So now I have a real dilemna on my hands.... Way too many lathes and not enough room to keep them all. FIRE SALE!

Marcel[/QUOTE]

Hey Marcel,
i'd love to have your problem, having 2 Nardinis.
i already share your other problem... having a 5 lb bag to put 10 lbs of shinola into:rofl:

Nice Score!!!
mike:))

Yeah, I have one of those 10x17 HF temporary garages setup in my driveway to catch some of the overflow. My wife is an angel, putting up with me. :phew:

Well, you'll be happy to hear that this thread is the #5 entry when googling "Nardini 1440s" :)

Well, you'll be happy to hear that this thread is the #5 entry when googling "Nardini 1440s" :)
That should make Nelson happy too! I'm looking for an owners manual for it. Ebay's got em for $65, but free would be way better.:))

Back