I live in the hottest aeria on the planet.......tomorrow

....since I am "just down the road" from Greg

Last week we had extreme cold warnings.

On Monday, we got record snow fall rates ~11 cm (~4.3 inches) per hour during the worst of the storm.
I knew I had to plow mid-day, but hard to see anything.... all windows covered and everything, including other vehicles, just white!
We ended up with 45-50 cm (18-20 inches) of snow from that storm, with more since...

Now, back to extreme cold warnings; -28 deg. C. (-18 deg. F. ) on the thermometer with a wind chill to -37 deg C. (-35 deg. F.) tomorrow......

Oh, and today the heater in the truck quit..... that was a cold drive home......

Brian

EDIT: I am not complaining Micheal, just contrasting.
Try to stay cool, don't get hurt!

Glad the son got out of Toronto , but ........................................My jet setting kids . Son and daughter left Reagan International to Minn. today . Now , just took off for Anchorage Alaska minutes ago . DL1343 flight landing around 3 EST tonight . I'm on Flight Tracker . Warmer there than in Fallston . :grin:

Tomorrow we are expecting temperatures of 45°C in my town Wellington South Africa and the town over is expected to reach 50°C. Hot enough for you?????
:burned up::devil::fireman:
I like my 20F plenty. I could not take 45c /113 for very long. In the cities they don't like the heat either, tensions rise, more murders.
I'll take the cold. Although on the other thread about heated floors, I would like that for my basement floor, or more wool socks.

I can dress for the cold and be comfortable. I have spent a whole day in the woods deer hunting when it was -25°F (-32°C) and enjoyed it.

When it gets that hot I can only take off so much clothing before I get arrested...... :grin:

I have been in places in the Middle East, which were hotter... And I had to be wearing full battle gear (to include a sappy plate ballistic vest). Under the vest was a long sleeve top and an undershirt.

But yep! 45C is quite hot.

Consider this before you wish for it; a day of 122ºF would melt an awful bunch of snow. Think flash flooding.

I can deal with the cold. 122ºF would be difficult. I'm not sure that our central a/c could keep up. I would expect widespread brownouts/blackouts.
Sorta like last year when it got down to 11f here on the TX gulf coast. Our grid can handle 3-digit days but most have electric heat and that apparently takes a whole lot more juice than air conditioners.

....since I am "just down the road" from Greg

Last week we had extreme cold warnings.

On Monday, we got record snow fall rates ~11 cm (~4.3 inches) per hour during the worst of the storm.
I knew I had to plow mid-day, but hard to see anything.... all windows covered and everything, including other vehicles, just white!
We ended up with 45-50 cm (18-20 inches) of snow from that storm, with more since...

Now, back to extreme cold warnings; -28 deg. C. (-18 deg. F. ) on the thermometer with a wind chill to -37 deg C. (-35 deg. F.) tomorrow......

Oh, and today the heater in the truck quit..... that was a cold drive home......

Brian

EDIT: I am not complaining Micheal, just contrasting.
Try to stay cool, don't get hurt!
No worries. My problem is,when you are cold,you can add another layer of clothing,but you can only take so much off...

I can dress for the cold and be comfortable. I have spent a whole day in the woods deer hunting when it was -25°F (-32°C) and enjoyed it.

When it gets that hot I can only take off so much clothing before I get arrested...... :grin:
Sorry I see I said basically the same as you did appart from the operability of getting arrested :laughing:

Back