I made My first left hand thread.

LOL been there too! Thought I was really clever threading away from the chuck to avoid the butt clenching maneuver at the shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did this my first time actually and the best advice someone gave me was that "if the lead screw is turning the same direction as the spindle you get a right hand thread, if they are turning opposite you get a left hand."

I did this my first time actually and the best advice someone gave me was that "if the lead screw is turning the same direction as the spindle you get a right hand thread, if they are turning opposite you get a left hand."
That is not strictly true; my Regal Leblond lathe has a left handed lead screw, why I do not know, but it does and I assume all other Regals do also, at least the round head models.

Reactions: rwm
That is not strictly true; my Regal Leblond lathe has a left handed lead screw, why I do not know, but it does and I assume all other Regals do also, at least the round head models.
Interesting, I guess the opposite would be true for you then. It was the simplest way for me to remember on my Atlas lathe anyway.

Back