I need (inexpensive) 6 conductor wire

Hi @lesrhorer

Mark has given you a good reference. Which should work for most applications. Good luck.

Indeed. Thanks.

However, in your posting you say "any significant current". So what is the worst case current load? Milli Amps, 100s of milli Amps? An Amp or two? What are these signal wires going to? Motors? (Amps), Relays? . It is a puzzle due to the fact that the voltage is so high.

I haven't measured, but calculated is under 3mA. Like I said, it is signals, not power. Without going into great detail, I am converting the mill over to solid state relays, and perhaps eventually to 3 phase. The emergency stop and spindle direction switch still need to work, yet the power is no longer going anywhere near them. I need to keep them functional by running signal wires to them, and the sensor system is run directly off the mains voltage.

But both voltage and current is important when putting two wires next to each other.

I know. I am an engineer.

Last edited:
600V ribbon cable?
The multicolored ribbon cable I found at Jameco is rated at 300V :( I don't know if it can be had in any higher voltage ratings.

Hopefully you haven't designed yourself into a corner.....

A little late to the party but here is what may help
600v rated

Indeed. Thanks.

I haven't measured, but calculated is under 3mA. Like I said, it is signals, not power. Without going into great detail, I am converting the mill over to solid state relays, and perhaps eventually to 3 phase. The emergency stop and spindle direction switch still need to work, yet the power is no longer going anywhere near them. I need to keep them functional by running signal wires to them, and the sensor system is run directly off the mains voltage.

I know. I am an engineer.
Can you go into a little more detail? It might be useful to someone else.

Back