• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE SUPPORT OUR FORUM - UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT HERE!
[4]

I sure could use a prayer or two

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

mark_f

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
It is really rough right now. Wednesday morning I had emergency surgery to remove my Morphine pump that was in place for 4 1/2 years. The next morning I had to go to the hospital by ambulance as I was and still am in full blown narcotic withdrawal. I was in the hospital until Friday when I came back home. The withdrawal symptoms are a little better but still bad. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. I have not eaten anything since Tuesday and still can't. I lost 14 pounds since Tuesday. When I get through this, I still have to deal with the tremors. My left hand and arm shakes so bad i can barely eat as the food shakes off before I can get it to my mouth. The tremors have gotten to my legs and feet. I have no balance and cannot stand without help. I must walk with crutches all the time, being careful about falling. I will get past the morphine withdrawal, but they say I most likely will not come back from the tremors and they will get worse. I am ordering a new manual wheel chair to fit me. With everything going on I am severely depressed and cry every time I realize where I am. I most likely will need constant help with everyday living soon. I believe it will be a while before I see my shop again... BUT I INTEND TO MAKE CHIPS AGAIN SOMEDAY! That's all I got to live for.

Groundhog

Some prayers headed your way. Wish there was more I could do or say. I am praying for you.

tweinke

Active User
Mark will keep you in my prayers. Remember that your family here will always be here for you! Get well.

Billh50

Active User
Prayers your way Mark.

I know how you feel. I am thinking of stopping my chemo as it is weakening my heart to the point I get out of breath just going to the next room. I know the cancer will probably start growing again but if I keep up with the chemo that will kill me also. I am hoping my heart will strngthen without the chemo so I can get back into the garage and make chips when it gets warmer.

Dave Smith

Active User
Mark and all other members facing enormous health obstacles---our prayers are for your healing always and that you will be able to enjoy your shop again---Dave

mark_f

Thank you all for the support. I really feel for you Billh50, you too insurgent B. Hope you are getting better. I know in a few weeks I will be over the narcotics and the surgery, but it will be a long process adapting to my new life. It is good that I can type on my phone by speaking, as I can't hit the right button any more. I have to use voice dial to call someone.
I know I have problems and I am pretty well into the down slide of life but I gonna Make the BEST of it.....and when I look around, there is always someone worse off than me.
GOD has a plan for me.

Nelson

Staff member
It's hard to keep faith. I am having problems doing that myself now.
I suffer from major depression with all that brings. Work has been difficult at best, but no work, no pay.
They say He never gives you more than you can handle, but at times it is hard to accept that.

Keep the faith, Mark, prayers going up for you and the others on here.

Nelson

mark_f

It's hard to keep faith. I am having problems doing that myself now.
I suffer from major depression with all that brings. Work has been difficult at best, but no work, no pay.
They say He never gives you more than you can handle, but at times it is hard to accept that.

Keep the faith, Mark, prayers going up for you and the others on here.

Nelson
Thank you Nelson. I can testify to the fact that for the last 60 years, God has given me everything I need. Nothing more, nothing less, but what i need. And he will again now. There were times I have wondered but faith carried me through everything.

Dave Smith

Active User
God isn't the culprit that sends all problems, sickness, and depression against us but he does let us know that we definitely have the total power over them with his blessing and grace--we keep believing and accepting his love for us for it never fails---Dave

mark_f

God isn't the culprit that sends all problems, sickness, and depression against us but he does let us know that we definitely have the total power over them with his blessing and grace--we keep believing and accepting his love for us for it never fails---Dave
I know God is not the cause of my trouble, but I do have faith he will take care of me until it is time to go home.

NEL957

Active User
Mark
Hang in there my friend there is better days ahead. You will be in my prayers and I know God answers prayer. Be tough my friend and hang in there. Be strong my friend.
Nelson

Silverbullet

I've been steadfast in keeping you in my prayers , I know about withdrawal personally , I get it because I get the crawling and shaking in my arms and legs . I hate taking the morphine and the fentanyl so when I get times I'm out of pain I don't use them then in a day or so I'm doing like you said. They keep uping the dosages so all you want to do is sleep. And it's so hard to keep a normal wake and sleep time. Ill be still praying a little extra during the day or night. Like now for me it's 4am and I'm wide awake. So many things I need to do . Please father touch my friend who's in pain and torment beyond what we should bare , Grant his relief and do a mighty miracle this day AMEN n AMEN .

NEL957

Active User
Mark
I will be praying for you, pain and suffering is something none of us like to go through. A speedy recovery, be well my friend.
Nelson

mark_f

I want to thank everyone for the prayers and support. The emergency surgery to remove my Morphine pump was a breeze, BUT it through me into full blown drug withdrawal and I would not want anyone to know this experience. It has been 4 of the most miserable days of my life so far and I have at least a week to go. You start out with a lot of pain, you get very weak and very sick, you are constantly nauseated, you throw up but they are dry heaves and hurt, you are very depressed, cry over nothing, you shake and tremble, you are so weak you can't walk, you can't concentrate on anything. You wish you could just die to stop the suffering. All this is going on simultaneously and constantly 24hours a day. There are more symtoms, but that gives you an idea of what withdrawal does to you. I could not eat at all for 5 days. Food makes me even sicker. I have lost 14 pounds in 4 days. Finally today I was able to eat a 2 ounce piece of plain chicken breast and keep it down. I can only sip water, so I constantly take sips of water. I drink about 20 ounces a day this way. I am dehydrated. When this is done, I still have a long road back and start adapting to a new level of disability. Getting back to my shop, hopefully by summer is what is keeping me going.
Again thank you all for your support and prayers.

Sandia

Active User
Praying for you Mark. God is still in the miracle making business. Faith.

Silverbullet

I'm praying again this morning for you Mark , I'm hurting some from the dentists hammering and chiseling in my mouth . Filled two teeth and bondo on the broken one . Ora jel has been helping , I swear he was trying to chop them out. All the while he says I should get route canal on the busted one. $350 . Just for this visit alone, there goes the food money this month. Good thing the kids are willing to help. Please try to drink Mark bodies shutdown fast with out water , try Gatorade the additives help guard from dehydration. God you see our desires and know our needs please help us in Jesus name. Thank you father in heaven

BillWood

Hang in there Mark, one step at a time, and keep thinking about your first few days back in the shop ............... Whats happening in the first week back ? Specific little easy jobs or a big difficult one or better still knock over a half finished one .............. most people have one of those.

mark_f

I'm praying again this morning for you Mark , I'm hurting some from the dentists hammering and chiseling in my mouth . Filled two teeth and bondo on the broken one . Ora jel has been helping , I swear he was trying to chop them out. All the while he says I should get route canal on the busted one. $350 . Just for this visit alone, there goes the food money this month. Good thing the kids are willing to help. Please try to drink Mark bodies shutdown fast with out water , try Gatorade the additives help guard from dehydration. God you see our desires and know our needs please help us in Jesus name. Thank you father in heaven
Thank you.
It is hard to tolerate even purified water. There is a really bad taste in my mouth and smell in my sinuses. The sense of smell is magnified by about 50 times. I can smell an egg cooking 3 rooms away and it is still so strong I can't stand it. I smell every little thing so strong it is unbearable. I have turned a corner this morning. Last night was the first time I got a few hours sleep and first time I could drink more than a sip of water at a time. The pain is almost gone and the nausea is a little better, but many of the other symptoms rage on. I am so weak. I fully understand how you feel and wish you some relief.

mark_f

Hang in there Mark, one step at a time, and keep thinking about your first few days back in the shop ............... Whats happening in the first week back ? Specific little easy jobs or a big difficult one or better still knock over a half finished one .............. most people have one of those.
Thank you.
Before this happened, I was converting my friends 14 1/2 SB lathe to large dials. I had finished the cross slide and the compound is made but the dial needs the graduations. That will be the first thing I do as he has been there supporting me.

[6]
[5] [7]