I Think I Might Have a Slight Problem With Knipex....

Cause you know darn well they aren't going to get used to tighten up garden hose connections...
True, this truly is.
That is, unless my kids and their friends are left to their own devices (and mine) around here.
If THAT happens, I have a tool or 4 that will overcome the indiscretion....

This is the new baby Cobra. It's 100mm/4". The smallest one before that, which I have 2 of somehow, was 125mm/5". The baby Cobra barely came out this year, if it had grips on it like the others I probably wouldn't be able to resist buying it. The 125mm Cobra is pretty small already, I can't imagine the 100mm would even be useful.

View attachment 336428
They made that one just for guys like you....

I can clearly remember sitting in front of the TV and watching Elmer Fudd say, "Dere is something vewy, vewy wong here ..."

Then again, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones so let me also say that you're probably okay, Will, I think.

Keith Fenner: I'll grab uh, my other "useful adjustable tool"....wanna get into an argument about how to pronounce the name? :D

I know how it's supposed to be pronounced but I still call them Nipex. :)

Keith Fenner: I'll grab uh, my other "useful adjustable tool"....wanna get into an argument about how to pronounce the name? :D

I know how it's supposed to be pronounced but I still call them Nipex. :)

At this stage, I think it’s safe to say you are the resident expert on these. However you choose to pronounce them should work for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won’t use the type of adjustable pliers, I use only the tongue and groove type, I had a pair of Knipex pliers collapse when I had a good grip on a pump housing flange. The pliers collapsed and I almost lost the end of my right pinky finger down to the second joint, they had to sew what has hanging back up. For a month or so it was touch and go before I was sure the basically reattachment was going to take, it did, it functions at a somewhat slower pace than the rest of the fingers on my right hand and there is no feeling it in below the joint closest to the palm. Since then it been absolute nothing but tongue and groove style pliers for me, I even will not allow the guys I work with to have them, basically Channel-Lock or nothing. That if the facility even allows use to have adjustable pliers on the work sites.

I have only one pair of Knipex pliers in my inventory. a #67 I believe it is. I would like more... (just saying...) :grin:

Wouldn't it really stink if they came out with a series with blue handles? Then you'd need another tool box to hold all of those too!

I used to collect Erector sets and had over 350 of them at one time. HAD to have EVERY variation of every set. . . You know you are a collector if you buy without the intent of using or selling anything. At least you can use the pliers though three or four through the complete size range would handle all jobs. As one of my Erector set collector buddies would tell his wife, "if it doesn't burn gasoline or have blond hair, don't worry about it".

Bruce

Back