I want to BUY once and CRY once

Took the plunge this morning and ordered the 1440GT. More than I wanted to spend but this should do everything I need. I’ve never been upset with myself purchasing the absolute best product I could afford so looking forward to getting the lathe setup.
Hi there, I also had the same dilemma as I was looking to upgrade from the old south bend I was running. You WILL NOT be disappointed with the 1440gt. It feels as good as old American iron, better to me in some ways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Took the plunge this morning and ordered the 1440GT. More than I wanted to spend but this should do everything I need. I’ve never been upset with myself purchasing the absolute best product I could afford so looking forward to getting the lathe setup.

I guess you found some extra change in the couch, that was a quick.

I'm sure you will be very pleased with your new lathe and nice that you could justify the 1440GT and you have some other members here that have done some nice mods to theirs.

Which model did you order, standard or preferred package and 1 or 3 phase?

Cheers,

David

Just found out per the tracking number that the post office delivered to somewhere other than quality machine. In process now trying to get payment stopped. I am beyond livid. I doubt it can be cashed since it was made out to quality machine...will find out tomorrow when my wife goes to the bank.

Just found out per the tracking number that the post office delivered to somewhere other than quality machine. In process now trying to get payment stopped. I am beyond livid. I doubt it can be cashed since it was made out to quality machine...will find out tomorrow when my wife goes to the bank.

I didn't think the post office handles things more than 25 pounds or so.
I certainly would not use the PO to deliver something weighing as much as a 14-40.

Unless I failed to grasp what the unspecified 'it' is in the above.

Yeah who knows what USPS did, delivered to zip 15235 instead of 15205 It will be fine, no one else can cash it, if they forged it and tried the bank can still return the money. (I had it happen once years back) But the chances of it being delivered to the wrong address and also a criminal is at that address is about 1 in a million I would say, so I wouldnt worry about it. Just a little hassle to deal with.

Wasn’t clear, hard to think straight when all you can see is red. It was a check as Matt offered a discount if I didn’t pay with a credit card.

Talked with the bank this afternoon. Apparently at our bank, they put a hold on cashier’s checks for 90 days unless the branch manager waives the wait so my wife is going in first thing in the morning to try and get it resolved. I’ve learned my lesson and will wire the funds next time.

Im sure if they find out it was delivered to the wrong address they will stop it, it would not make sense if they won't, they would end up losing money.
If they need to call us to verify it thats not a problem, I will be around all day.

The spindle bearings were getting noisy, not a lot of slop yet but did not want to have a potential breakdown. I did replace the original motor early on and haven't had trouble with the replacement I received.

Do you fly the Hawker 800? Zoomed in but couldn't see the registration clearly.

Sorry, I did not get notificaton of new posts on this thread.

Yes, I flew the Hawker for about 15 years. It was at Netjets. I think the one in my avatar is N838QS or N833QS. Neither one is at Netjets anymore because they got rid of all the 800XP Honeywell versions. I have also since retired due to a medical condition.

Back