I will be selling a DIY TouchDRO Kit again

If you would like a beta test done upside down (i.e. in the southern hemisphere) I'll be your man!
I'd love to be a beta tester. I have built a DIY touch-dro when you first started your blog, but looking forward to a kit for my mill.
Cheers,
Joe Hovel

If you would like a beta test done upside down (i.e. in the southern hemisphere) I'll be your man!
I'd love to be a beta tester. I have built a DIY touch-dro when you first started your blog, but looking forward to a kit for my mill.
Cheers,
Joe Hovel
Hey Joe,
Good to hear from you. I didn't realize these were your stomping grounds...
You've helped a lot back in 2014 with app beta testing, so I'd be more than happy to send you a kit to make sure it works next to the positive magnetic pole ;) If you cover the shipping cost ($38 for priority or $18-ish for the standard), I might have one with you name on it.
Regards
Yuriy

Hello,
I just added the product page for the DIY DRO Adapter Kit where it can be purchased. The price is set to $48. For orders placed before end of the day Sunday, once I get your feedback from the build I will refund $10. (I will ship the first batch by Monday)
Regards
Yuriy
P.S. The page and the build instructions are still "work in progress" but both will be done by the end of the week.

Cool! Is the glass scale DIY kit to follow soon? I'm interested in one of each and happy to send feedback.

Cool! Is the glass scale DIY kit to follow soon? I'm interested in one of each and happy to send feedback.

Glass scale kit is still "under development" so it will be a few weeks before it's ready.

Thanks Yuriy, I just ordered one.

George

Quick update:
I'm running a few days late on the shipment - the parts are all ready but in the last moment I realized that I would be a good idea to include a jig for lead forming. My 3D printer has been in process of "remodeling" for a few months, so I spent most of the weekend putting it back together. If I get it to work today, I'll print the jig and ship the kits early tomorrow.
Yesterday I posted the DIY DRO Kit Build Instructions, minus the photo that shows forming of the leads.
I will keep y'all posted...
Regards
Yuriy

I got my kit a couple of days ago. I haven't built it yet but the circuit board looks really good. I need to order in some micro USB breakout boards before I put it together. I can't wait to see it working. I noticed it has a connection for a probe. Are there any docs on this?

The probe functionality will be added in the upcoming version of the app. I'm still tweaking it, but once it's finalized I will post some details here.
Thank you
Yuriy

Super. I didn't remember anything about the probe so I figured it was something new. I really am looking forward to the new version of Touch DRO too!

Thanks George

Back