Ideas for balancing 8520 drive pulleys

I just sourced them from McMaster-Carr yesterday. They come 10 to a package (you need 8) for $11.50, here's the part number and a link: 9311K113 http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/120/1394/=uqqva6

You will notice that these are the light dampening bushings, made of rubber. The high dampening bushings are made of PVC, and are nothing like the originals.

Terry --- While the motor is at one constant speed The Spindle is never at that speed. Each speed has its own harmonics level thus it will have a different vibration level. One thing you mentioned I had forgotten, the bent rim will cause some vibration.

"Billy G"

Correct!! I think we are both on the same page, just not saying it the same way. By running only the motor, no belts, he can see if the problem is from the motor. By adding the first belt, he can see if it is related to the belt or the intermediate pulley and so on.

Forgot about this thread. Yes Terry. The process of elimination so to speak. When checking the belts, check in all positions, not just one.

"Billy G"

I just sourced them from McMaster-Carr yesterday. They come 10 to a package (you need 8) for $11.50, here's the part number and a link: 9311K113 http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/120/1394/=uqqva6

You will notice that these are the light dampening bushings, made of rubber. The high dampening bushings are made of PVC, and are nothing like the originals.

Hey Terry,
I ordered the new bushings you posted here. Haven't had time to replace mine yet, but was wondering if you did and how it worked out for you ?

I made mine from Nylon that I had and used over the counter rubber washers. So far after a year there is no vibration to speak of. The originals were rubber. I will post a picture in the morning.

"Billy G"

Replace my bushings today, the one Terry suggested from McMaster-Carr.
Test run after showed about a 90% reduction in vibrations at the highest speed.
Not sure how it will act under load, but will eventually find out.
Thanks guys.

Back