Identify this bearing?

If you have the room in the casting, you could re-bore for a more readily available sealed roller bearing. Mike

If you have the room in the casting, you could re-bore for a more readily available sealed roller bearing. Mike

If those balls are running directly in the casting, it has likely been hardened to Rc 60 or better.

I will look for some sort of number on it, I'm guessing there isn't as there is very little surface are to put it on. I think the situation is, there is very little room for bearing/race etc.. its on a 15mm shaft that fits in a 19mm hole. The essentially need these 1mm bearing in there and there is room for very little else. We have a total of 2mm per side of shaft, that's not much room for much more that these bearings and the inside (ID) race. I'll keep you posted...for those who are interested. Any suggestions from anyone that recognizes is still welcome...
Clean it up and take it and the mating part to your local Motion Industries bearing house. They may not have it in stock but can source relatively quickly.

I kind of already made my mind up, but what’s odd is NONE of the bearings are sealed. This unit isn’t meant to be opened or worked on my end user (even their facility in the US sends them to Italy for rebuilding) since it operates in a wet environment & SOME moisture gets in AND your not SUPPOSED to open the unit up... WTH are they not using sealed? The load is pretty much all perpendicular to the shaft, the parts are mated in a way there is no other movement. It really IS a small ring and pinion.AE3E9EDD-7FE0-4105-B90A-432E9ABDE759.jpeg

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Italian design engineers. Mike
I learned this lesson making parts for pasta machines, which have a lot in common with sewing machines. I made the mistake of documenting some new replacement parts before we were informed that they ALWAYS required modification. The only thing worse were Argentinian copies of Italian machines.

Back