If you are a vet . . . . .

Then you have a better chance than most of answering my go to bar bet question.
There are 7 uniformed services in the United States. Name them.

Used to be only 5 - army, navy, marines, air force and coast guard. Now they added the Space Force so there are six. What is the seventh you're referring to and are you a veteran?

Google says, United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps. ???

D'oh, Public Health Service! Jeez, I've worked with those guys. They get a uniform and a pay grade, usually for having a Ph.D. or an M.D...

I'm a Vietnam Era vet. I was drafted and did my duty as I understood it. Never close to the real S#1T.
The people who should be thanking vets, the most and the best, are the career politicians. After all, the armed forces are guarding the gates.

Most people (citizens) are busy trying to make the best life they can for themselves and their families. That's what they should be doing. Be a productive citizen and promote the same for all. That's all the thanks I want.

On the other hand, the politicians are busy structuring new and innovative ways to mass their own power and wealth, limited only by what they think they can get away with.

Last edited:
With all due respect, let's leave politics and politicians out of this before we go any further. Forum rules are clear on this and I'd rather we don't let this escalate.

I went to work for Tricky Dick after I got his demand letter. But turned out to be the best experience of my life.

I would like to hear from the indigenous guys I worked with overseas. That they appreciated our efforts, but more importantly, I could then respond about how much we really cared about every one of them.

Back