[4]

I'll just be a minute dear...

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

SamI

Registered
Several hours later:

IMG_1998.jpg

What started out as a quick belt tension adjustment led to me noticing a seemingly endless list of unrelated problems! By the end of the night the only things left intact were the 3 jaw chuck and the bed remained bolted to the chip tray! Luckily by the time I came in the wife had gone to bed so I escaped unharmed - could have been nasty! So I guess the moral of the story is that a quick adjustment is rarely just a quick adjustment! Or maybe it should be to take better care of your machines? Either way I thought this could serve as a warning to those who have a significant other waiting patiently inside for them!

I take it that I'm not the only one who this routinely happens to?

T Bredehoft

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I take it that I'm not the only one who this routinely happens to?
Not at all, but I just get invovled in puttering, not accomplishing anything. I should make a resolution that when this happens I MUST clean, but that doesn't happen either.

No Hope, I guess.

GL

Registered
What I want to know is ..how a minor adjustment that would seem to require one #2 Phillips screwdriver evolves into nearly every tool I own. How do 2x4's, a 3/4" socket set, several trips to the basement wood shop, a large collection of wrenches, a couple of micrometers, the lathe, and the mill suddenly get involved? Lol. Quoting Mr. Pete, any man with $10,000 worth of tools can make a $5 part, but things just seem to evolve in strange directions while following a perfectly logical path. It's only later, as you survey the carnage that you have to pick up, that the "logic" seems to unwind. So, no, you are not alone and we are not crazy. This is the support group for this affliction. We will encourage your lack of space by suggesting a larger shop, and if you have floor space left suggest you don't have enough tools. The understanding that this is the only path to true happiness will lead to a truly spectacular auction when you are gone (the ones that say, large collection of clean and well cared for tools), and be well attended by others with the same "issues".

RJSakowski

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
I seem to have the same problem. I'll holler up" I'll be up in a few minutes and an hour and a half later I emerge from the shop.

westerner

If you are gonna be stupid, ya gotta be TOUGH!
The understanding that this is the only path to true happiness will lead to a truly spectacular auction when you are gone (the ones that say, large collection of clean and well cared for tools), and be well attended by others with the same "issues".
I believe I am gonna have to steal this, and have it put on my Tombstone!:big grin:

[6]
[5] [7]