I’m off tomorrow, I may have COVID

I am in the same boat. A 60-hour work week hyperexposed to the general public ran me into the ground, and when I came home Friday night I had a 101° fever and too many COVID-19 symptoms to list here.

I self-quarantined over the weekend. I haven’t left my bedroom in 48 hours. I probably watched about 30 hours of machining videos on YouTube during that time.

I have my COVID-19 test scheduled for Tuesday morning.

Let us know how you make out!

Earlier I had to take a week off per work because my son had tested positive . He is an OT and quite a few of his patients died as well as many more in the building . He ended up testing negative a few days later as I did a week later . It takes a minimum of a week just to get an appointment along with the results . Jeff , and everyone else on here , hope everything is well and the results are negative . The only good thing would be no symtoms with time off = lots of shop time at home . Wish you well . Dave .:)

Wow folks, this is becoming so different from the springtime. Now we know several people who have this covid strain. Jeff and all of you I wish you all the best. Stay safe, take Precautions and be healthy.

On of my daughters, her husband and her F-I-L all had it. Her husband struggled with it and he is only 25. My daughter basically had what amounted to a cold but she lost her ability to taste. It has been about a month and her taste is just starting to come back.
A guy I know just down the road from us spent 20+ days in the hospital and he is only 57 or so. That is the scary part about this affliction, one just does not know how it will affect you.
Agree that the timing sucks Jeff but look at how it could have went. Stay safe.

Best wishes, Jeff. Hopefully this turns out to be nothing more than a nuisance interruption to your schedule. My wife and I have had to quarantine three times because of 'potential' exposure to COVID. Mercifully, all three turned out to be uneventful for us, but because we have occasion to interact with some folks who fall into a 'high risk' category, we thought it prudent to remain isolated. All three times, we were cleared. Two of those occasions involved distancing ourselves from kids and grandkids - a real bummer. Hope you're cleared in advance so you don't miss out on your family gathering.

Regards,
Terry

Hope everything goes well for you and your wife.
This year has been a game changer for all of us for sure.

Back