I’m off tomorrow, I may have COVID

I played around in the shop today, tough work day.
We have 3 people out and are being tested. If we exceed 10% -3 employees test positive, we have to shut down for 14 days.
I don't know how it is in other states, California hired a bunch of new Cal/OSHA inspectors to keep us in line.
Big fines if we don't tow the line.

Our household got it two weeks ago. We both teach at a college and a large number of students were positive just before christmas break. I am sure that is where we got it. The bad deal is we brought it home to my 89 year old father that lives with us. He has dementia and a failing heart. He ended up in the hospital. My wife and I kind of sailed through with mild symptoms. Father is not so lucky. Hope the vaccine puts an end to this nightmare soon.

D

Hope it turns out to just be a forced vacation in the shop for you.

Got the test results back. It took three days to make the appointment and two days to get the results.
My wife and I are very thankful to find we tested negative.
We can enjoy our Christmas with our family.
Immediate family.
If you have the option, I would suggest Minute Clinic through CVS.

Our household got it two weeks ago. We both teach at a college and a large number of students were positive just before christmas break. I am sure that is where we got it. The bad deal is we brought it home to my 89 year old father that lives with us. He has dementia and a failing heart. He ended up in the hospital. My wife and I kind of sailed through with mild symptoms. Father is not so lucky. Hope the vaccine puts an end to this nightmare soon.

D
So sorry to hear about your dad. I hope they allow you to visit?

D
All the best to you and yours. We take care of my 94yo mother.

D

Oh boy.
I hope everyone comes through ok.

Thanks guys,
Father was released from hospital to a skilled nursing facility yesterday. Still pretty sick but getting better. We can only visit through the window. 5 degrees in Butte this morning. Short visit. Wife and I are over CoVid now.

D

I can't wrap my head around the reasoning some people are using to dismiss the whole thing. It seems rooted in "You can't tell me what to do", and "I'm an American and have rights." It gets further clouded by the odd logic that since "other diseases are worse", that's a reason to ignore it. And finally, selectively choosing the rational that "this website says masks don't work" as an excuse to not wear masks, while ignoring medical opinion.

At the end of the day though, what's most depressing that these people are so selfish and narcissistic that they consider the older generation expendable.

For those who consider it much fuss about nothing, I say give up your place in line for the vaccine.

Back