I'm the only one with dirty hands here.....

moddy

Registered
Registered
I'm working at a development department at a local company. I work with a lot of god, beautiful people and they are so nice and clean.
I'm the only person here that always have dirty fingers when I show up in the morning...

IMG_0531.gif

Are we "dirty-hands" about to go distinct?

IMG_0531.gif

I'm working at a development department at a local company. I work with a lot of god, beautiful people and they are so nice and clean.
I'm the only person here that always have dirty fingers when I show up in the morning...

View attachment 94683

Are we "dirty-hands" about to go distinct?

I had the same problem as I am a teacher and hobby machinist. Can you imagine a teacher with dirty fingers and nails?
I used disposable gloves but they tend to tear the worst moment.

Surgical gloves saved my reputation!!!

They are a bit more expensive compared to the plain disposable ones but they are stronger (made to last) and they last through the job.

See here for info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_glove

Petros

I always use a lava rock (pumice stone not the lava soap) to take care of that. I'm the type that I can't use gloves to work, they're just too inconvenient for me & I don't like the feel when working on cars. I got 3 cases of some good quality nitrile gloves. After 10 years I'm almost through the second case. I have 1 unopened case left & since I don't use gloves much anymore I think my supply might last me another 10 yrs.

I used to work on cars for a living, my hands were so callused up & so rough. Even after scrubbing as best I could, I would always have black grime around my finger nails. It was embarrasing at times when I go out or at the dinner table. I hated that. After I left the auto shop it took more than year for my hands to get back to normal (well better). The lava rock really does a great job.

I always had rough hands with the dirty looking callouses till my girlfriend told me not to touch her since my hands were too rough. I immediately changed and started wearing gloves and using tons of lotion everyday. No complaints from the wife and easy to keep clean.

Hey Pontiac, it sounds like your wife will put up with rough hands better than your girlfriend. LOL

I am in IT at a university. Often have a little dirt under the nails or in the cracks in my hands depending on what I have been making the night before. If people don't like it %^$& them. Of course most people I work with know I make things and have had me make them stuff so are willing to over look a little hand dirt. I think the dark cracks in your hands are the marks of a wizard practicing his art.

Jeff

I seam to have chameleon hands, when working in the machine shop, they're black and soft from oil, the cabinet shop cleans them up but they get rough.

The thing to remember is the people with dirty hands built the seven man made wonders of the world, the people with clean hands profited.

Greg

Yep, as I reach for my coffee I can see a splotch of dried oil on my hand.

I learned years ago that it's not filth but a badge of honor. To man, oil and grease are as essential as water is to the body. Imagine a world where oil and grease did not exist, that would be a rough place indeed.

Well I hate to say it, But I tell her to leave the dishes and I do them when I come in from my shop. get rid of the dishwasher! oh add a little go-jo .
Yep, as I reach for my coffee I can see a splotch of dried oil on my hand.

I learned years ago that it's not filth but a badge of honor. To man, oil and grease are as essential as water is to the body. Imagine a world where oil and grease did not exist, that would be a rough place indeed.

Back