I'm the only one with dirty hands here.....

Go-Jo does a good job on initial cleaning, but doesn't get the traces out of my hands. A final scrub with shampoo usually gets my hands really clean, especially if I use a nail brush as well. A long session working cast iron may prove a challenge, however.

Well, I have to wash my hands BEFORE I go to the bathroom.

Karl

These days there's dudes getting facials
Manicured, waxed and botoxed
With deep spray-on tans and creamy lotiony hands
You can't grip a tackle-box

With all of these men lining up to get neutered
It's hip now to be feminized
I don't highlight my hair
I've still got a pair
Yeah honey, I'm still a guy

(Brad Paisley, "I'm Still a Guy")

After years in the shop this is a habit and most people have no idea why. LOL And Hawkeye is spot on, don't you hate the Monday after a big cast iron project.

Jeff

Karl

Karl

Reminds me of the folks that work in the Jalapeno processing/packaging factory...
Sign at the restrooms says:
Employees must wash their hands BEFORE using the restroom... :lmao:

Worked with a guy who mistook Ben-Gay for K-Y Jelly. Wife about killed Him.:nono:

I have had dirty hands most of my life. I grew up on a farm and have worked in construction. The up side is the grip strength you get from using your hands. I love to mess with the office types who look down their nose at your dirty hands by shaking their hand and squeezing very hard. One guy that was giving my ex a hard time at work stopped shaking my hand because I would squeeze it so hard I could feel the bones scraping together. I would always extend my hand for a hand shake, and he would keep his hands behind his back. One day his boss told him to stop being rude and shake my hand. Needless to say I took great pleasure in making him extremely uncomfortable.

I have had dirty hands most of my life. I grew up on a farm and have worked in construction. The up side is the grip strength you get from using your hands. I love to mess with the office types who look down their nose at your dirty hands by shaking their hand and squeezing very hard. One guy that was giving my ex a hard time at work stopped shaking my hand because I would squeeze it so hard I could feel the bones scraping together. I would always extend my hand for a hand shake, and he would keep his hands behind his back. One day his boss told him to stop being rude and shake my hand. Needless to say I took great pleasure in making him extremely uncomfortable.

Definitely one of the advantages of having a strong grip....

I learned a good defense to that years back... when grasping for a handshake, grip deep. The one who has the shallow grip, is the one who gets their hand crushed. The one with the deep grip has the mechanical advantage... Or in the case of us older guys, the one who avoids saying uncle first... :lmao:

Definitely one of the advantages of having a strong grip....

I learned a good defense to that years back... when grasping for a handshake, grip deep. The one who has the shallow grip, is the one who gets their hand crushed. The one with the deep grip has the mechanical advantage... Or in the case of us older guys, the one who avoids saying uncle first... :lmao:

Growing up milking cows definatly helped my hand strength but I had a woodshop teacher that had larger hands and loved to make you say uncle. I learned quickly to cup my hand when shaking his, doesnt allow a punishing grip.

i am a pretty big guy , i have never felt the need to be macho and do the whole test your strength handshake thing .
in my youth when guys did it to me i just smiled and ignored the guys who did that nonsense , after all what would it really prove if i was to squeeze back and maybe give you a few broken bones for your trouble .

now that i am a bit older i do not take it as kindly ,.. at 41 years old i now have a good healthy case of arthritis and i tend to avoid shaking hands because of the guys who think they are proving something with a kungfoo death grip .

some guys do just have a natural firm grip ... those guys dont bother me .
but the guys who do it on purpose tend to make me mad ... a few of them have found themselves on their knee's with their thumb being bent back against their wrist
while getting a polite explanation on how miserable arthritis is and how much it tends to hurt when they somehow think that nonsense like that affirms their manhood .

the point being ... dont be a dick a firm handshake is fine but if you need to affirm your manhood find a better way to do it .

Back