Import EBay B & S #0 Indexing head.

Dividing head 101: Kurt Moltrecht covers dividing elegantly in the chapter by the same name. It's worth a bedside read to get up to speed on what turns out to be a fairly simple process. The original B&S manual is good too. With the bamboo market version of the B&S #0 comes a lot of versatility (chuck, face plate, dogs, MT2) and the ability to pattern features across a staggering number of intervals. Having the tool in your arsenal is not (just) a possession or a toy, but a capability.

Except that mine did not come with a chuck, it looks just like the one I bought from Enco about 6 years ago. I also paid much more.

I remember in high school machine shop class when we were taught how to calculate simple indexing on the dividing head, I was no math whiz, but caught on and aced it; I had a 3 period "Vocational" class, it was the only time in my school career when I made the honor roll, with 3 "A" grades!
Jeff, there is nothing complicated about the dividing head, most all of what you need is in Machinery's Handbook, or most any other machinist's handbook, about the only problem is counting the holes in the plates when setting the sector arms.

You guys are a terrible influence. You should be ashamed of yourselves. My wife does not approve.

Yes, I must have one.
Wives never do (approve) I was lucky in my shop, in that it was our income, and decisions regarding equipment and tools were not a matter for discussion.

Mine has no problem spending $40 for a purse that she will only use for a month or two. :rolleyes:

Wives never do (approve) I was lucky in my shop, in that it was our income, and decisions regarding equipment and tools were not a matter for discussion.
Mine has no problem spending $40 for a purse that she will only use for a month or two. :rolleyes:

I must have the one that the mold was busted on afterwards - thankfully.
She only likes mini backpack style 'purses' and she runs them until they fall apart, and she always gets them on the cheap.
She's also not into shoes. She has one brand that she really likes and waits for them to popup on the 'bay.
As for jewelry - she's low maintenance in that critical department also.
Whenever there's a major tool purchase we talk it over and decide.
The Birmingham 1440 was her fault though. I went to the auction to go after the Bridgeport but it was clapped out.
When the lathe came up she asked why I wasn't going after that. And then proceeded to jab me in the ribs with her finger during the bidding.

When the lathe came up she asked why I wasn't going after that. And then proceeded to jab me in the ribs with her finger during the bidding.
Mine does that when I see something on e-bay, or CL. Then she thinks its free reign to buy herself something of equal or more value.

I am confused. I have been looking at this, trying to resist the urge to buy and today when I looked it up I found it from another ebay seller for $219 with free shipping. But, the UPC shown is different. So then I started looking around by UPC and found a place in Canada selling it for $130.94ca with free shipping or $98.78us.

What has me confused is the different UPC's listed on each one. I know that manufacturers will make the same thing for different resellers and even mark with different branding for each. Each is assigned a unique UPC. But the huge difference in price has me worried. The photos are the same with the exception of the branding on the chuck.

What do you think?

Original link https://www.ebay.com/itm/232805947256?ul_noapp=true

Cheaper link

OMG soo cheap

Hard to tell from the picture but is the box made from pressure treated wood?

If so do you anticipate any corrosion issues caused by the chemicals in the wood?

Back