In search of a good Steady Rest (Finished)

Re: In search of a good Steady Rest

Cheer up Bill it could be worse!!

Paul

Oh Man
I hope they have this done for you tomorrow Bill.
Keepin the fingers crossed, hoping it turns out perfect, and worth the wait.

Good Luck

Nothing yet, maybe thay lost them and don't want to say so? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G" :biggrin:

Too long in the acid bath? :shrugs:

the wait is brutal lol

looks like some mighty fine work.

Crap Bill
I think I would make the drive over there, Just pick it up. You could shine that puppy up real nice your self, look just as good. Id be worryed they might lose pieces on you.

I dont know , maybe its just me :nuts::shrugs:

Glad you got it back, And once you get it back together it will look a lot better with the brass shining.

Paul

Yayyyy
Good , now atleast you have everything back. Looks good Bill. I was starting to wonder if they lost some parts on you. I had it happen before. Glad to hear it all turned out well in the end.

That is a sweet looking steady you have built Bill. So, whats the next project?:biggrin:

Outstanding Job :drink: :drink2::high5:

Looks good so far. I need to make 3 o 4 steady rests. I have been laying matl aside as I find it . I have a piece of 7" thick wall steel tubing 1" thick and 3" long.
I was not planning to put a hinge in the circle. How important is the hinge? I haven't used my steady rests often and only recall a couple of times using the hinged feature. Also what determines the best bearing size. I recently had a windfal lof a box of skf stainless bearings about 1/2" x 1/4" size. They were included with an entire home machine shop I bought. Are these two small for a 12 or 13" lathe?

Thanks for sharing this project. I hope to learn a lot.

Joe

My take at the finish of this project is that it was meant to be black, not green. It is beautiful. The pix does not do it justice.

Paul: Next up isw back to thw P&W 1830 radial. I've been away from it for too long.

"Billy G" :biggrin:

Aaaw, I kind of like it green. :biggrin: Looks great Bill. Another fine job you've done.

-Ron

Back