Indian machinery

Yeah but no cs/compound. I have to imagine the castings correspond to their 8" Workshop lathe (got one). It took me a long time to find one, I may wind up regretting selling it. But if you're going to keep a small SB, it really ought to be a 9" model. So much more parts availability.

Yeah but no cs/compound. I have to imagine the castings correspond to their 8" Workshop lathe (got one). It took me a long time to find one, I may wind up regretting selling it. But if you're going to keep a small SB, it really ought to be a 9" model. So much more parts availability.
Wood lathe, totally different animal with most not even being rigid enough to bother converting.

Honestly, for a hobby user fixing/rebuilding a lathe is a great learning experience. I'm glad I don't own either the 6" Craftsman or the 13x40 Bolton any more but they both taught me valuable lessons.

JOhn

Honestly, for a hobby user fixing/rebuilding a lathe is a great learning experience. I'm glad I don't own either the 6" Craftsman or the 13x40 Bolton any more but they both taught me valuable lessons.

JOhn
my thinking exactly chineseum lathes are like erector sets and parts are cheap, so no real worries about breaking them and replacement parts are cheap, all in all a good learning environment IMO

Back