Indian machinery

Part of the problem may be that they don't teach things like metal casting in school anymore. I'm in my mid 50s and the most advanced thing I did (in jr. high) was make a Blue Oysyer Cult ankh on a band saw. A kid who was a year old made a slotted screwdriver, which he was quite proud of, which could necessitate heating of the tip. But if I had to guess it was just beaten flat.

The final link I posted bottom of first page.

It looks like a Sherline. It's bigger. Doesn't count as ip theft. If so sherline and taig stole from edelstaal.

They have a mill that's also similar in appearance.

Actually they might LOL. They cloned the Sherline.
mini Jeep MB / CJ by Mahindra

I guess after the most recent rulings the Roxor can again be sold in the US
must admit my new tractor is a Mahindra and was probable made in one of those shops, but it works good and is heavy as hell (very good thing in tractors). they kind of remind me of the USA of yesteryear with everyone willing to do whatever it takes to be successful.
Well, Mahindra has been building tractors a long time. Pretty sure some of the tractors are built in ISO 9001 factories and they were the only tractor company to receive a Deming prize.

The final link I posted bottom of first page.

It looks like a Sherline. It's bigger. Doesn't count as ip theft. If so sherline and taig stole from edelstaal.

They have a mill that's also similar in appearance.

There are some similarities, but I wouldn't say clone without being able to lay them out side by side. The 1940s AA / Dunlap / Craftsman lathe has a similar hand crank on the end of the lead screw (like Sherline), and the basic look somewhat resembles a Levin.

I mean a lathe is a lathe, only so many ways you can do something.

Taig and Sherline are very different designs from each other and neither have much in common with a Unimat, which is where I assume you were going with the Edelstaal reference.

There are tons of much closer copies out there, take a look at Sharp, Acra, South Bend (Grizzly) and several others who make pretty faithful clones of the Hardinge HLV.

Part of the problem may be that they don't teach things like metal casting in school anymore. I'm in my mid 50s and the most advanced thing I did (in jr. high) was make a Blue Oysyer Cult ankh on a band saw. A kid who was a year old made a slotted screwdriver, which he was quite proud of, which could necessitate heating of the tip. But if I had to guess it was just beaten flat.

His parents must have been proud of the tyke too.

All I could do with a screw driver at a year old was stick it in the outlet.

We were casting aluminum in 9th grade metal shop. I turned a working cannon on the lathe that year, got an A for the semester but was told to never mention it and had to promise I would never bring black powder onto school property.

Different times.

His parents must have been proud of the tyke too.

All I could do with a screw driver at a year old was stick it in the outlet.

We were casting aluminum in 9th grade metal shop. I turned a working cannon on the lathe that year, got an A for the semester but was told to never mention it and had to promise I would never bring black powder onto school property.

Different times.

I can remember casting aluminum and using soldering irons, which were heated in little bench mounted furnaces in 7th grade "industrial arts". Basically an intro shop class that used wood, metal and plastic. I had wood shop in 8th and 9th grade, and didn't get back to metal until 11th grade. That was mostly sheet metal and gas welding. Didn't get to do casting or machining.

I never saw anyone make a cannon, but throwing stars and throwing knives were popular "the teacher isn't looking projects. Marijuana pipes were the popular thing in ceramics class.

Being a Jr high or high school shop teacher must be terrifying.

Someone found a box of .22 rounds somewhere. Somehow I got a hold of a bunch (in 2nd grade, im Catholic school). We would set them on the pavement and drop big rocks on them. CRACK! Quite dangerous though when you think about it. I brought a handful to school to show the other hoodlums. Teacher saw and confiscated them. Funny thing, damned funny thing, no one else ever founf out about it. Maybe she was afraid I'd get semt up the river and kept it hush hish.

I can remember casting aluminum and using soldering irons, which were heated in little bench mounted furnaces in 7th grade "industrial arts". Basically an intro shop class that used wood, metal and plastic. I had wood shop in 8th and 9th grade, and didn't get back to metal until 11th grade. That was mostly sheet metal and gas welding. Didn't get to do casting or machining.

I never saw anyone make a cannon, but throwing stars and throwing knives were popular "the teacher isn't looking projects. Marijuana pipes were the popular thing in ceramics class.

Being a Jr high or high school shop teacher must be terrifying.

My shop teacher that year was terrifying.

Like a really angry version of my uncle. Looked like him right down to the 50s style green glasses and haircut.

Cool guy most of the time, but man he would get ****** sometimes.

Someone was heating a crucible of aluminum and this wing it kid threw a candle into the furnace which caused smoke initially, then a huge conflagration.

I’m talking flames to the ceiling, which was covered in aluminum already from others legitimate boo boos.

This teacher went nuts and started after the kid who ran out and right to the administrative office.

Literally took himself to the principal rather than face “Teach’s wrath, and got himself expelled for arson.

Teach told us to never do this as he was just going to shake the **** out of him and make him do grunt work for a while.

Dumbass got juvie rather than a talking to.

Teach understood team age shenanigans, the principal, not so much.

Last edited:
Back