Info needed for installing/setting up pm940m

So if I can cast it I will shy away from milling as I am not ready yet for it. Just learning now.
This sounds harder than drilling 7 holes! You don't need a dro to measure as you indicators on the mill x, y handles as to how far you have turned/moved. This is what I meant about taking more time to set up. Dro's did not always exist. Wish I had a way to cast Al.

This sounds harder than drilling 7 holes! You don't need a dro to measure as you indicators on the mill x, y handles as to how far you have turned/moved. This is what I meant about taking more time to set up. Dro's did not always exist. Wish I had a way to cast Al.
You can get a furnance from vevor on Amazon and get a coating for the furnance later. That what I did I got locally a 5400F coating

VEVOR Propane Melting Furnace 10KG, 2462°F, Metal Foundry Furnace Kit with Graphite Crucible and Tongs, Casting Melting Smelting Refining Precious Metals Like Gold Silver Aluminum Copper Brass Bronze https://a.co/d/37FunjL

I still have to do a proper review but it’s a starting point if you can spare the space “needs some for safely casting metal”

On the bridge ports I have owned, in particular the one I rebuilt using the dials wasn't a big deal, while I can use them on the 940 I feel much better about having the DRO due to the amount of run out..

I will cast them out and then see how I can use the pm940m. I still have to receive the caliper and measure the gibs etc before I put it at work.

you can spare the space “needs some for safely casting metal”
Space is an issue for now and I am not for sure I would want to put an oven like this in my basement. .

Back