Inside Micrometer or T-Bore Hole Gauges?

Like the title says. Probably opening a can of worms with this question. Decent T-Bore gauges can be had for quite a bit less than a decent inside micrometer, and I think they would fit the bill...?? I have no experience with either, and only some experience with a micrometer, with quite a bit of experience with decent Calipers.

thanks
buy used. You can get the top rated bore gauge if you need it or intermic if you need it for less than new. I use Starrett T bars, Lufkin inside bore gauges. They both work well. I use a digital caliper to check myself when using the bore gauge.

Pawn shop businesses don't pay rent by reselling, they specialize in exploitation from the start- that is their product, that is what they are in business for.

I have a friend who makes the pawns his first stop when looking for a tool (because he says eBay is shady!). He gets a deal now and again. I've gone pawn cruising with him, afterwards I feel like I need a bath in Gojo to slough off the grease. Hock shops are seedy, evil places where you go to buy theft and desperation.
My son used to speed skate, when we went to the nationals in Lincoln and Omaha , Nebraska I would visit the pawn shops. I never found a good deal. I found HF tools for more than new at HF, and Craftsman tools also more than new. I was hoping, but it just wasn't worth it, and the shops I stopped in refused to budge on price.

I use those first to get close so I don't tend to drop the good stuff.

Good wisdom in that. The first thing I seem to do whenever I buy a new gauge is drop it. Accidentally.

Not like my Dad's uncle, a renowned tool and die maker, and a man so practical it highlighted his faults. He went to Sears and bought a set of that new unbreakable ceramic Corelle dishware, brought it home, took the dishes out of the box and dropped them on the floor one by one until the box was empty. Then he swept up the mess, scooped it back in the box, and drove back to Sears, with a ****-eating grin on his face the whole way.

Another one for my Dad's uncle, the tool and die maker. He would gloat that he could wake up, shower, cook eggs, bacon, and coffee, and be out the door in under 20 minutes. It went like this- jump out of bed, put a pot of water on the stove, put coffee grounds directly in the pot with two eggs, and head for the shower. Shave in the shower, get dressed, go back to the kitchen and pour off the coffee into a thermos, letting the grounds settle into the pot. Pick the eggs out and put in pocket. Rinse grounds from the still hot cook pot, drop in bacon, return to burner and stir for two minutes. Drop pot in sink, pick up bacon and morning paper, and out the door.

The extent that a man can go to in order to tell another that he's run out of excuses is mind boggling.

Another one for my Dad's uncle, the tool and die maker. He would gloat that he could wake up, shower, cook eggs, bacon, and coffee, and be out the door in under 20 minutes. It went like this- jump out of bed, put a pot of water on the stove, put coffee grounds directly in the pot with two eggs, and head for the shower. Shave in the shower, get dressed, go back to the kitchen and pour off the coffee into a thermos, letting the grounds settle into the pot. Pick the eggs out and put in pocket. Rinse grounds from the still hot cook pot, drop in bacon, return to burner and stir for two minutes. Drop pot in sink, pick up bacon and morning paper, and out the door.

The extent that a man can go to in order to tell another that he's run out of excuses is mind boggling.
The working man's blues . :grin: Work and sleep . I could do 100 hrs. a week if my body let me . Another mechanic was most likely let go for punching in and leaving . This was the 3rd strike .

Back
Top Bottom