Installing the Mini Split

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
The weather forecast has temps in the high 90’s next week.
I have the Mr. Cool diy 12k unit.
It should be up and running by noon today. The unit is mounted to the shop wall, the 25 foot line is run and I have a dedicated circuit to the condenser. Not much left to do.

Wowzers
Holy quiet and cool Batman.
Got it working by 9:00am.
Today is forecast 93 degrees.
Should be a good test.
Extremely quiet! Plenty of cold air flowing into my formerly stuffy shop.
You got to get one.24980CCF-C250-4D2D-869D-204C67E60C11.jpegEEAE1696-CF2A-4EC7-9511-1C6A1DB4B4DF.jpeg

The closest thing that I have in my shop are several Navy surplus bulkhead fans--- lots better than nothing at All!

How did the mini split work out? Have you had to change filters yet?

Mine's still in the box, pending some other work that has to be done first. I've wondered about how often I'll have to service it, given oil smoke, welding smoke, grinder dust, etc.

In order to make sure it's always accessible for cleaning, I plan to install the head unit over the door. The instructions say not to do that, but nobody seems to have a reason as to why.

It’s awesome.
I use the heat every day.
Filter I have cleaned it. It’s a rinse and dry screen.
I read that too about over the door?.

since the unit draws air in and pushes air out, you may draw unwanted warm air in.
that makes the compressor work harder (longer cycle times) to remove heat from the air in the room.
if you draw already cooled air, the cycle times are reduced and the system will last exponentially longer

Back