Introduction to Indexable Tooling for the Metal Lathe

Rodneyk

Registered
Registered
If you have been on this forum for a while I am sure you have run into David Best's (@davidpbest) posts, and may have even had a conversation with him on occasion. I just discovered that in addition to being a useful resource here on the forums he is also an author!

He recently wrote a book titled "Introduction to Indexable Tooling for the Metal Lathe" which is available on Amazon (link - note I receive no benefit from posting this, I just found it interesting and though others might also) ISBN 9798713564643. I bought it and have been reading it. It has a huge amount of information along with opinions and background on indexable tools for the lathe.

I am only about halfway through the book which is filled with text, tables, diagrams and photos explaining so many details about these tools. While some areas may seem repetitive, I have found so much useful information that I don't mind, infact many times it saves me time not having to search for a related factoid. It is information dense (at least to my beginner brain) so I think it was worth the price for the 100+ pages. I am guessing it will save me more than the price in just reducing the bad purchases I might make trying to learn.

I hope me posting this is acceptable, I am not selling it and I receive no benefit from putting it here, but I hope it will be useful to people getting started in using a metal lathe and navigating the jungle that surrounds indexable tools.

20210325_150112 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Already have it, and I'm getting the feel of it.

When it takes off, will we have to pay extra to send it in for an autographed copy? :cautious: :)

I can hold my own in a plumbing discussion after 36 years in the trade but most of you guys forget more during lunch than I will ever know in the machining world.

Wacha talkn' bout Willis, I'm still at CCMT vs CCGT, and God knows how many decimal points. :)

I'm sure it's worth reading, but at $91.40 delivered to Australia, it's out of my budget.

Back