Is There Anywhere To Trade Tools?

I appreciate the great information. Still learning every day.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Okay. So the carbide insert that comes in the tool is actually not the cutter?

If I'm looking at the picture correctly, what you are lining up to is the carbide seat that the cutting insert sets on. Still have to lower the holder down to the tip of the insert.

X2

This gray seat supports the actual carbide insert and does no cutting. Do you have any inserts? Print on the side of holder should provide information.[/QUOTE]

See the above :)

Yes. I do have some inserts as well. I wondered about this. Now I see why I needed to lower the holder down more.

Okay. So the carbide insert that comes in the tool is actually not the cutter?

Correct the seat should be held in with a screw then the insert clamps on top.

I guess what threw me was that the seat was screwed in which is how my other inserts are held into other smaller tools

This is almost the max diameter that the slot will allow. It is already bigger that the t that comes on the quick change tool post. I like using the 1 bolt as so I can rotate the tool holder.

This is the type of t-nut you should use for max strength. And this is a good way to check center line of tool , using a depth mic. If bar is 1 inch dia depth mic down to tip of tool. .500 depth is center line.

Recently%20Updated2-001_zps2guo5s2x.jpg
jimsehr

Just an FYI so you don't get frustrated. Inserts designed for 1" tool holders are for 20" and up lathes removing mas amounts of material off. and don't do very well on light cuts.

Back