Is this "cheating"

Based on overwhelming and irrefutable photographic evifence, this panel of novice experts has hereby found you guilty of cheating.

You are therefore fined in the amount of :
(1) flycutter
(1) holesaw
(1) endmill
You are encouraged to send your remittance immediately to prevent any delay in your tax return.

Furthermore, you compelled by this court to cease and desist all further similar or related shenanigans.

Many ways to skin a cat, and its not cheating if done safely. You could have removed the the bulk (hole saw) and finished up with a boring bar or fly cutter for a superior surface finish. Is your mill equipped with a DRO?
Beautiful power plant.

If your using a hole saw, cut it a bit under size and clean it up to your layout marks. Hole saws are notorious for cutting a wobbly hole. But they do remove a lot of meat pretty quickly. I'd use a fly cutter to finish it. If it really close you could just use a hand held tool like a die grinder with an aluminum cutting burr with some wax. I use a Foredom variable speed, flex shaft/foot pedal die grinder, but most anything will work.

Thank you guys, no DRO on the mill, Bob thank you for the youtube video. I'll go back now, and check it out.

Yep that would have been perfect for my project, I have got to learn to use what I have better.

Nothing wrong with a hole saw, I use them all the time, cut a little smaller, finish with a tool, they really speed things up.

Back