Is this too much grinder?

The auctions here are too stupid to participate in. I have no clue who these folks are but it’s exactly why I don’t bid on eBay. Only Buy It Now. That auction fever makes people silly.

The auctions here are too stupid to participate in. I have no clue who these folks are but it’s exactly why I don’t bid on eBay. Only Buy It Now. That auction fever makes people silly.
I have seen the same thing a lot of times, people start bidding and get it in their head that they have to have that item and end up paying over retail for a new item...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I always go in armed with what the new price is and an idea of used price. So that’s why I haven’t won an auction in 15yrs. I don’t even track them anymore as they are awash with bozo’s. I’m always amazed at the stuff I can find on eBay and CL if I’m patient. It has become a pastime I call virtual vulture :) as it’s a daily scan of both with machinist, shear, sheet metal, lathe and mill in the searches. I’ve also added Shopsmith to it as I have a passing interest in just a frame to make into a grinding work station if I can find one cheap enough and close enough.

Live auctions are where the real magic happens. Especially if they are on-site in out of the way locations. The only people you'll be bidding against are the ones who actually show up, have the same machine in mind, and the right amount of cash on their person.

Far as I can see nobody does exclusively live without internet included in. So there’s the ones you see and the invisible bozo’s too. if you’re a betting man and like that kind of competition, cool. I’m not. I watched one of the local ones bidding on junk and i don’t remember if anyone present won.

Auctions too often prove the old axiom that a fool and his money are soon parted....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Back