ISP grief

Been fun couple of days. After loosing email client access oh back in August, I have lost webmail access on Dec 11th. Changed to Fidium Fiber, rather than Consolidated Communications. Fidium is basically a Consolidated company, like Xfinity is to Comcast.

Terrible, just terrible service. Almost comically bad. Still ongoing. Promises of return calls broken, four times. Have called them four times on this. Days go by with no resolution, and no escalation, despite asking for it repeatedly, every call. It seems that they disabled my account, but failed to notify me, but that is just babbling from a level 1 person, whose native language is not mine.

After complaining to the State Public Utilities Commission and Attorney General this morning, I got a call back this afternoon from a local representative of Consolidated (Executive Escalations Center). She was really surprised to hear of this 1) no more email client support, for my wife and I, and 2) no webmail access. Said she'd look into it. She told me, that just last week, they outsourced a lot of support to the Philippines. To her credit, she emailed me with her contact information, email and phone number. Hoping there will be some resolution soon.

It turns out there's not many regulations governing ISP behavior at any level, Federal or State. In my opinion that is wrong - especially if there's also no local competition. Without competition, these companies form local monopolies with locks on communities. Monopolies get lazy, expensive and unresponsive, because there's no threat of competition.

I've had my primary email for 20 years, need to get it back. Fortunately, my email clients have most of my emails. As of the moment, I can't recommend my ISP at all. Just so hard to get a resolving response. Wish there was a consumer level account with higher levels of support, as this is so horrible. I'd pay some extra at this point, but not commercial rates, as I am retired and not a business.

Issue resolved. Only took the previously mentioned call to the PUC, and oh 8 calls, and 5 password changes. Have my primary email back. Unbelievable amount of BS to go through with quite a few individuals who were not qualified for their position. Basically, due to some unknown cause, my email account was blocked. Maybe due to me traveling in Europe this summer? Beats me.

Oh, I have the email client working on my phone again. Lying sack of manure level 2 tech (in August) - he lied. I bet that guy screwed with my account, but I'd never be able to prove it. The ISP rep provided me with the info to connect.

So I have my primary email accessible on my Mac, and my phone via email clients. Webmail still stinks. Can't say everything is good, but it's a lot better today, than it was yesterday.

Back