It Just Keeps Coming....

Property stolen
Property damaged
Lawn tore up
Incredible clean up (grounds and building)
Questionable accounting by the auction company
Irate purchasers, coming back, even though, everything was sold as is (auction company refused to return anyone’s calls, including mine)
People showing up 2-3 days later, looking for leftovers

The deal is off, I received a irate call from one of the developers, saying they would do nothing and I needed to vacate immediately, I told them according to the contract, I had 90 days, from the contract date. My lawyer call him and told him, it’s 90 days, before they get possession, they were told 90 days, is 90 days, not a day earlier, unless i agree to it, in writing. Trust me when I say, after his phone call, it will be 90 days, down to the final hour. The previous arrangements to get rid of stuff is going ahead, as scheduled. There will be a couple boxes or crates, left in the warehouse, until the last second allows.

Or they can pay you to get it done sooner....

Is it one of those deals where they're converting it to fancy "loft" apartments for fancy people? If so I'd say every day is worth about $1000. ;)

John

Careful storing machines in shipping containers. Depending on the weather conditions those things
might as well be called “rustomatic chambers”.

UPDATE

I have completely emptied my inventory out of the warehouse, roughly 50 days before the required date, except for a large crate full of tractor-trailer brake drums (going to the scrapper) and an Ammco brake lathe (will probably have to pay someone to take it), that will set there in the warehouse shipping bay until the final date allowed. According to the paperwork, they can not enter the building to work, until I sign off, which will be the final day allowed, boy I’m glad I’m not bitter!!

I found another storage facility, I am currently down to 4 surface grinders (all the same model, between the 4 I should have one workable one) 2 lathes, 3 vertical milling machines and one large horizontal milling machine.

The sale of the warehouse inventory, allowed me to pay off the smallish balance due on my grandsons college debt (Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday). Now I have to go through the lathes and milling machines and sell if they are really needed or just holding on for ownership sake.

The deal is off, I received a irate call from one of the developers, saying they would do nothing and I needed to vacate immediately, I told them according to the contract, I had 90 days, from the contract date. My lawyer call him and told him, it’s 90 days, before they get possession, they were told 90 days, is 90 days, not a day earlier, unless i agree to it, in writing. Trust me when I say, after his phone call, it will be 90 days, down to the final hour. The previous arrangements to get rid of stuff is going ahead, as scheduled. There will be a couple boxes or crates, left in the warehouse, until the last second allows.

I would have done the exact same thing. I respond equally to good and bad.

The developers were constantly calling my brother, to have him prod me to get out sooner. Last week my brother’s lawyer called them and said cease and desist, the next time they call, my brother will file a harassment charge. As I went to school with the two developers (brothers), they were a$$holes then and still are, they know me well and will not call me, so we wait. The paperwork I have to sign, would then allow them a actual building permit, the zoning and permitting issues have already been approved, they just need the actual okay to start work. The warehouse renovation is the center piece of their riverfront development plans, they already own all of the property surrounding the warehouse lot, the town has already told them, until the warehouse project is done ( or at least started), no other construction can be started.

My brother has allowed them access to the actually property, just not the building (I have to sign off), they are staging material for the renenovations, and are chumping at the bit to get started. I heard all 8-10 of the apartments/condos have already been sold, and they are in this until the end. They want to get in and work out all of the finish dimensions and plans, until they call and beg me, it will not happen and at any way, not for free.

Apparently the developer (the two brothers) are as stubborn as I am, so I believe this will go to the final contract date.

Last edited:
Back