It was not the best day to be outside

My lady’s sister was entertaining a family from Australia at their cottage where it hit -35C just about 5 of the last 7 days! They were comparing it to those +40C days they were missing and it was a toss up on which they would of preferred! Naturally they were not equipped for this kind of cold as normal lows are in the -5C area, borrowed heavy jackets and gloves to make it through the week.
i have seen -32°C (-26°F) in Laramie Wyoming during winter- that was cold enough for me :confused 3:

My lady’s sister was entertaining a family from Australia at their cottage where it hit -35C just about 5 of the last 7 days! They were comparing it to those +40C days they were missing and it was a toss up on which they would of preferred! Naturally they were not equipped for this kind of cold as normal lows are in the -5C area, borrowed heavy jackets and gloves to make it through the week.
-35°C ? ! ? !
I remember the second time I moved out of N. Illinois in 1980 or '81. It was -26°F with a wind chill of -75°F.
I seriously doubt my ability to handle that now. Heck I'm sitting here at the computer with the house @66°F and some of my fingers are numb.

We need a way of amalgamating your weather with ours to get a bit of perfection.
My relatives in WV reported -21°F at the time we were dissolving in 98°F.
Mixem up and get 77°F ahhh perfect.
-=-
If you can figure that one out, you may just get a Nobel prize.

All you need to focus on is the results - 77°F -- Works for me! :grin:

Two words- Border Wall...
We need a giant border wall to keep out Canadian cold fronts! Maybe made of stacked styrofoam coolers? Not saying Yeti coolers but maybe the cheap ones you see a gas stations? That and some JB weld.
Robert ;)
Great pics by the way!

In analyzing the cold weather in Minnesota, the only good thing about 40 below is that you don't have to indicate that it is
Farenheit or Centigrade. Presently it is Zero F and a SW gale force wind, another log on the fire I guess, a nasty wind chill
out there tonight.....:eek 2:

Back