I've always liked Fridays but this one is one of my fav's!

That will work for sure. Will be a large gap with a nut and a washer. I was thinking you would only be off by a little bit and could just use shim stock where needed to level it and have it essentially flush on your concrete pad. Either way will work though.

That will work for sure. Will be a large gap with a nut and a washer. I was thinking you would only be off by a little bit and could just use shim stock where needed to level it and have it essentially flush on your concrete pad. Either way will work though.
With the way the stand is designed there wouldn't be much of a gap at all. The areas where the leveling would be done are elevated off the ground almost 2". Plenty of room for a nut and thick flat washer without the base being elevated from them being there.

Attachments

• 20210306_173247.jpg
    20210306_173247.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 187
  • 20210306_173350.jpg
    20210306_173350.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 128
Gotcha, 100%. Did not catch that in the earlier pics. Thought they were flat on the ground. Sounds like a good set up for sure and easier than shims.

Last edited:
Got a little progress done out in the shop. Got my concrete base poured. I'm going to let it cure real good then skim coat the sides with bondo to fix imperfections. Then use dark grey paint to match the stand.
20210308_210400.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great and the paint looks like a perfect match. What color did you get? When I painted my tool tray I could not find anything that close?

Great job Mr Tipton, Looks great! And your mill looks great also!

Congratulations on a job well done!

Tim

Looks great and the paint looks like a perfect match. What color did you get? When I painted my tool tray I could not find anything that close?
Thanks! The machine came with four round feet that are painted the same color as the cabinet. I took one of them to Home Depot and went through their color charts and found a really good match. I just used an exterior acrylic latex paint and rolled it on. Before I did that I sprayed the base with a Duplicolor truck bed liner to give it a textured look. I actually drilled those feet out and am using them for thick washers under the feet of the cabinet.

Here's a shot of the base after I textured it.

Attachments

• 20210312_122058.jpg
    20210312_122058.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 177
I added a racing stripe to the base to give it a little character. Okay, now I'm done goofing around with the base.

Attachments

• 20210315_100051.jpg
    20210315_100051.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Wow, that looks fantastic.
As an obvious thread hijack, based on the checkerplate walls and the tidy machine base I'd love to see the rest of your shop.

Back