Ixodes warning

I've had Lyme's twice, both times I had Bells Palsey from it, and I could not see out of my eye... it would not focus, close... massive headaches from unequal muscle tension in the head, could not eat or drink normally. Nasty little buggers.

I've watched that guy on TV with the River Monsters show for years ! Nothing he has found beats the boneless brown trout down Balto City near the treatment plant . Nasty things they are . :eek:

I’ve had Rocky Mountain spotted fever 3 times. Hard to get over. Around here the bad ticks have white dots. Don’t think there’s any good ones.

While no fan of ticks, if I had a choice I think would do away with stink bugs first.

Stink bugs don't cause death and disease like Ticks do. Stink bugs are not parasites. My wife would agree with you, she hates them, I don't mind them. They are just a minor annoyance.

While no fan of ticks, if I had a choice I think would do away with stink bugs first.

While there are a lot of insects I am not fond of, a lot of them are disappearing most likely due to the
overuse of insecticides. Our lives depend on the subspecies beneath us so one must not be too
quick to exterminate them. This area used to have tons of frogs but now they are not often seen.
They are environmentally sensitive for one thing and also likely are being starved out since they
feed on the insect population. I'm not a tree-hugger but it is best not to interfere with nature too much lest
we eradicate ourselves in the process.

I spend a lot of time in Villas County WI. Villas is one of the hottest spots in the USA for Lyme disease. To that end my doctor recommended a Lyme's disease vaccine for me. It was a series of 3 shots, 30 days apart. The vaccine is supposed to be good for life. Zero after effects from the shots themselves. I have been bit by many ticks over the years with no ill effects. When I asked if it really works, My doc said that if I never get Lyme's I will never know for sure if it worked or not, If I do get Lyme's then I will know it did not work. Not every tick regardless of species carries Lyme's, even in a Lyme's hot spot. So you could get bit by many and never get Lyme's, especially if you are in an area the not known for having Lyme's.

There was one time we went for a short walk in a section of woods we had never been in before to scout for deer. It was only a half hour walk. When we came out the black and white dog was mostly brown. I thought she found a mud hole as that is a common thing for her to do. I started to clean her before she could get back in the truck and realized it was ALL ticks. We spent the next 2 hours cleaning literally hundreds of ticks off of the dog and each other. Every single one of those ticks died that day. We never went back to that area of the woods.

And then there are the Mosquitos that we grow hear in Wisconsin.....

Trophy skeeter.jpg

Back