[4]

Jet 1236 Ps

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Needcoffee

Swarf
Registered Member
I just purchased a jet 12236 PS. I have disassembled it to clean it. I'm looking for documentation on it. Specifically a parts breakdown and any other information.

In addition the crossfeed leadscrew has significant backlash and I would like to replace it and nut if it all possible. Does anyone have any information on what the thread is. Is it an ACME standard or metric?

I contacted Jet and they had a little to no information.

Regards,

Jeff

VZM.IMG_20160227_153359.jpg

NedsHead

Swarf
Registered Member
Last edited:

Needcoffee

Swarf
Registered Member
Thank for the info. I was able to come up with one from steve from his " totally screwed machine shop" web site.

Thanks once again

Bamban

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Besides the bed length, mine being 24 inches C2C, my Federal lathe is the same as yours. I will be following this thread to see how you tackle the lead screw and nut replacement.

Needcoffee

Swarf
Registered Member
I pulled everything apart and cleaned it. I ended up splitting the crossfeed nut and installed 2 each 10-32 set screws. After adjusting these my crossfeed backlash is a few thou. Good enough.

Needcoffee

Swarf
Registered Member
I was playing around with a CCMT boring bar and a turning tool I purchased recently and was pleasantly surprised. I have only used HSS as of yet but had wanted to try carbide insert tooling for hogging off material and not having to use cutting fluid.

I stuck a scrap 7 inch piece of 2 inch diameter pipe in the chuck and set the feed and depth of cut for the tool radius.

What I got was a decent finish. In and out.

The suprise was when I measured the OD of the cylinder in half a dozen spots. The measurement ranged from 1.8183 to 1.8184. From 2 inch off the chuck face to 7 inches

This old lathe appears to be more acurate than I expected.

20180131_204123.jpg
20180131_135014.jpg

Jason Annen

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I have that same machine, with all the manuals. If you need something, infowise, let me know.

Jason

[6]
[5] [7]